A tribute to one of our own

mike_pk_waters

Site Supporter
I today read with sadness of the demise of 'mickthechippy'whose tales kept me chuckling over the years, a man I fished against a couple of times and who never had a bad bone in his body, funny, freindly and a true gent.

Now I did not know him well, but through this forum I did feel he was a kindered spirit. This has made me think that as a group we should honour both his contributions over the years and his memory.

I would like to donate 100 pounds to 'the managment' to get a trophy that we can fish for annually as the Chippy Cup. As Maggotdrownwrs I am sure this would be fished in a he manner he would approve of and I am sure he would oversee us to make sure we did things right.

I know organising matches is hard work and difficult , but I do feel this is a suitable tribute to a forum legend. Of Course the pre match breakfast would have to be a Mc D's out of respect.

Anyway its just an offer

And on a personal note RIP Mick, Hope you keep catching wherever you are

SeanB

Site Supporter
That's a really nice gesture mate, maybe something could be arranged at the Alders get together?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A very nice and generous offer Mike.

We will be sorting something out as a remembrance to Mick, what yet I'm not sure as we're still coming to terms with his passing, it's come as a shock to us all. Like you said he "never had a bad bone in his body, funny, freindly and a true gent."

If you can bear with us for the time being though, any thoughts on this will be posted in due course.

:)

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
A trophy for who catches the darkest fish, for black dog. Who catches the most species. @Dave set a donation page up and deduct monies for trophy and send rest to charity of Micks family. I will make first donation of £50

mike_pk_waters

Site Supporter
A very nice and generous offer Mike.

We will be sorting something out as a remembrance to Mick, what yet I'm not sure as we're still coming to terms with his passing, it's come as a shock to us all. Like you said he "never had a bad bone in his body, funny, freindly and a true gent."

If you can bear with us for the time being though, any thoughts on this will be posted in due course.

:)
Dave , the offer is open ended, and like you its a shock and will take time to sink in. I think he showed that although we are a collective group of like minded souls , we are also very much individual beings, each one of us unique ,but tied by a love of fishing.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
I today read with sadness of the demise of 'mickthechippy'whose tales kept me chuckling over the years, a man I fished against a couple of times and who never had a bad bone in his body, funny, freindly and a true gent.

Now I did not know him well, but through this forum I did feel he was a kindered spirit. This has made me think that as a group we should honour both his contributions over the years and his memory.

I would like to donate 100 pounds to 'the managment' to get a trophy that we can fish for annually as the Chippy Cup. As Maggotdrownwrs I am sure this would be fished in a he manner he would approve of and I am sure he would oversee us to make sure we did things right.

I know organising matches is hard work and difficult , but I do feel this is a suitable tribute to a forum legend. Of Course the pre match breakfast would have to be a Mc D's out of respect.

Anyway its just an offer

And on a personal note RIP Mick, Hope you keep catching wherever you are
One of the nicest offers I've seen anywhere for a long long time

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
The Mick the chippy memorial cup. Like mike_pk_waters I'm happy to make a contribution. Mick used to organise a southern championships so perhaps that could morph into the memorial cup competition.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
The Mick the chippy memorial cup. Like mike_pk_waters I'm happy to make a contribution. Mick used to organise a southern championships so perhaps that could morph into the memorial cup competition.

I had been looking forward to this years match as Mick had convinced me to sign up - it would have been my first match in about 16yrs. The mad beggar even suggested I bring Jacob and we fish as a team, now that would have be a bundle of ‘fun’ for everyone.

Making it a memorial cup sounds like a fab idea.

Micks brother

Mick's favourite Venue was the royal military canal ,I know it's pretty far south but to honour the memory of a great man and a great personal friend it would be a shame to have it anywhere else
He also loved the stour in canterbury . The causeway , millars and what we call the sainsburys stretch .

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Only problem there now is canoe wild up and down the river and they dont give a rats arse to fisher folk .both stretches now belong to cdaa and no day tickets
Arse... used to be a good area...

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Only problem there now is canoe wild up and down the river and they dont give a rats arse to fisher folk .both stretches now belong to cdaa and no day tickets

It is if your a cdaa member like me
For my sins I live in deepest Essex... our last coach outing about 5 years ago was to Grove Ferry... weighed in 4lbs of stick float caught eyes... loved the place though.. the pub was always a stop off after the match