A thoroughly enjoyed blank!

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
No big Perch out of today and yesterdays sessions, sadly.

Must have caught over 30 fish overall, bit sad there wasn't a single noteworthy one, but thoroughly enjoyed hunting the big one - nonetheless.

Few random snaps of the ones I bothered to get whilst my phone was already out of the pocket -

1 - GLqkJF8.jpg
2 - 5mNFYZ9.jpg #
3 - 730d1Pj.jpg
4 - dTPrH3C.jpg
5 - 5S60zRy.jpg
6 - juAa7a7.jpg
7 - ELhB5dQ.png

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
I was taken back for a moment when I seen the first Roach.
Having spent the entire year fishing with lures, only seeing Pike and Perch - heading to the canal in search of Perch... as I have done so many times this year, when I seen a Roach I was stunned for a quick 3 seconds, then it clicked I was float fishing with worms :LOL:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Here's a new venue for you, @DontKillZander ......Chester Lakes. You'd probably call it a carp puddle :)
However, one of our members went for a days fishing there yesterday, reeled in a couple of obligatory carp & then landed a 4.5lb perch.

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
Here's a new venue for you, @DontKillZander ......Chester Lakes. You'd probably call it a carp puddle :)
However, one of our members went for a days fishing there yesterday, reeled in a couple of obligatory carp & then landed a 4.5lb perch.
Actually my missus has been going on about camping all year... 4.5lb you say? :unsure:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Yeah - proper chunk!
Haven't fished the place myself but I think the place is okay outside of the school holidays. Apparenlty gets a bit overrun with kids during the holidays

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Which pool ,? Lymm AC had there at one time, some good fish came out ,but never heard of a perch that size. Do they still have sunday markets and weekend events there.? Tarvin Sands could possibly be another venue to try,Hampton Springs is another. . And Badger Pool on Lloyd's Meadow. The above venues would have to be bait fished ie, worms,maggots ,prawns

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Which pool ,? Lymm AC had there at one time, some good fish came out ,but never heard of a perch that size. Do they still have sunday markets and weekend events there.? Tarvin Sands could possibly be another venue to try,Hampton Springs is another. . And Badger Pool on Lloyd's Meadow. The above venues would have to be bait fished ie, worms,maggots ,prawns
He didn't say. Not familiar with it myself

chester perch.jpg

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Haven't fished the place myself but I think the place is okay outside of the school holidays. Apparenlty gets a bit overrun with kids during the holidays
I've also heard that about the kids. A mate fished there, said he was constantly in fear of his pole getting damaged. He eventually stopped going as he couldn't trust himself not to get into heated debates with parents!

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Now that's a perch, got be the biggest I've seen in British waters.