A text in time, Saves Mine !

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yes my love, rely on me were the parting words, as wench went forth to the local library to return her read novels and seek more

when have I ever let you down ?

Id been left some tasks while she was out, it seemed only fair as she would also visit the halls of Mamon for consumable household requirements that may or not maybe on sale for the final time for a month or so,

dutifully the hoover came out and the black dog and I played our game of bullfighting whilst cleansing the floors of accumalated dust, mutt hairs and associated debris, emptied and wiped it was stashed away again,

kitchen tiles mopped and dog dinner bowls washed and dried

todays dinner prepped ready for the off, spag bol for tonight and the remainder of the mince knocked up and simmering ready for tomorrows drovers pie,

mutt walked, watered and beds tidied (one in damn near every room !)

back yard cleaned from the mutts late night ablutions

and then on here and various other internetty sites, checking e-mails, progress of watched or bid upon items and supping coffee and the rest of the morns first couple of litres of hydrating liquids (its bloody hard drinking the reccomended amount)

then theres a ping, on the communication device, its her, stating shes off to see another of her slightly deranged friends before a lockdown is announced ( why is it women of a "certain age" have only loonies as friends ?)

she mentions in the text, that its a nice drying day

drying day ? drying day, ??? FFS michael, being the absent minded old B'stard he is has forgot the washing !

just had a mass panic running up the stairs, emptying the basket and getting the first load on, Ive missed half the winter sun,

My balls woulda been up for a bashing if it wasnt for that text

just replied to it sneakily, you take as much time as you like my love, dinner will be ready around 7pm

Hopes !

Last edited:

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Glad any kind of housework or Cooking is nowt to do with me (y) i mean God you'll be Barking at the Postman next :LOL::LOL::LOL:;)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
got used to it when she was ill with the Cancer

now its just one of those things that Im quite willing to do for the old bird,

When Gert was ill once in 33 year not bad going, my Daughter did it, i'll be honest with ya i wouldnt know how the washer worked, could probably suss out the hoover and Microwave, but in my Defence ive cooked Xmas dinner with no complaints the last 25 or so years (y) (y)

bluemack

Site Supporter
When Gert was ill once in 33 year not bad going, my Daughter did it, i'll be honest with ya i wouldnt know how the washer worked, could probably suss out the hoover and Microwave, but in my Defence ive cooked Xmas dinner with no complaints the last 25 or so years (y) (y)
Owly,according to my calculations you,ve cooked 25 dinners and your Gert has cooked 9,100 in 25 years
you need to take it easier mate.;)