A sad day for the Ritch

James Dunn

James Dunn
Site Supporter
Yesterday was one of the worst and saddest days of my life,Because of my health I will never be able to enjoyably partake in my lifelong love of fishing again.I made the monumentous decision to sell all my fishing tackle to my mate.I said I would never sell it because it held for me a lifetimes memories and experiences and I don't need the money,But the more I got thinking about it the more I realised that when I croak it would just be sold willy nilly and abused by whoever and that thought hurt even more.At least I know my mate and his son will derive great pleasure from it and look after it, So with that knowledge I decided I would sell it to him. It feels like I have sold part of my soul but I hope to soon be over the sadness and return to normal.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
That's a shock James. Like Landlord, I'm gutted for you pal. You are right, fishing is in our blood our soul. Good luck matey. I wish you all the best. Take care. ?

Kev86

That's really sad mate,I hope you soon feel better, I am sure your mate will look after your tackle.

Kev