A riverside walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
I took a walk down alongside the River Nene today, with my faithfull old dog, opposite to where the old power station used to stand. Took some piccys with my phone camera, they turned out quite good, mind had to reduce them down though, std size straight from the phone is 1600x1200.[:0][:I]

This is a shot downstream of the old Nene now known as the cut off arm.
Datafile11.jpg

This is a shot of the new cut downstream towards the A45, you can just see the bridge in the distance where the river curves to the right
Datafile11.jpg

This is a shot of the old warm water outlet, it's the black object beneath the tree and between the two clumps of green vegetation.
Datafile11.jpg

This shows one of the new platforms built here on this stretch by Castle AC. and is opposite to the old power station.
Datafile11.jpg

Finally this is upstream towards the Nunn Mills road and the old Avon factory.
Datafile11.jpg

luremad

Barbelus Maximus
i like the look of the swim with the new peg and the lilly pads.

T K

Bum Draw Master
Nice pickies Bluey - I like the look of em all........

Jen

Made in Yorkshire
Lovely pics Bluey, looks very quiet and peaceful.

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Ah remember some of it Alwalton, Water Newton, Orton up and Orton down from the nationals in the 80's. My team walked most of it with Kevin Wilmot and some of the Peterborough team.

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Originally posted by luremad

i like the look of the swim with the new peg and the lilly pads.

Actually Carl it may not look like it but that's quite a long way down to that platform, a good 12/15 feet. It would be I'd imagine quite sheltered down there.
The area was quite well populated with tench, roach and you used to see the carp jumping out of the water and rolling on the top at one time.

I must admit to not having fished it for about 12yrs now so do not have any up to date info on the stretch at all.

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Great pics! They remind me of fishing the Great Ouse, not so far away of course, between 1978 and 1983 - my teenage years. Bread was 1 and 6 a ton and you could go out for a year with just 5 pennies etc.

My fast, shallow local Yorkshire rivers now are very unlike the slow and deep cambridgeshire ones, but both are beautiful.

luremad

Barbelus Maximus
The area was quite well populated with tench, roach and you used to see the carp jumping out of the water and rolling on the top at one time.
im on my way lol

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Yes it's day ticket the whole length from Nunn Mills road all the way down to where the old arm cut off is.
You can either get them on the bank or from a local tackle shop.

Dunno how much they are this year, don't think they're a lot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.