A RESULT-ISH AT THE LAST CHANCE SALOON

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDYJL1964

Hi Fellow Drowners,

I took Dave's advice (cheers Dave) and went to fish Boston Spa on the River Wharfe.

Arrived there a litle early(tackle shop doesn't open till 8 am and you need to buy a ticket before fishing) so I took a walk down to the river.
The level was about 2 foot up and running thru rather quickly which put me off a little.
Back I trotted and went to get my day-ticket. Fellow in shop pointed me in the direction of the end of the day-ticket limit.
Arrived at my peg and looked at the 3 in 1 climb I had to do to get to my peg.......arrrrgh!!
After a lot of huffin and a-puffin I got comfortable and started fishing. The gadgie in the shop had said "throw a feeder 3/4 way across for the Chub and Barbel....he had to be joking!
The peg was like a birdcage and there was no way I could get an decent cast in. Also, it was taking 3oz of feeder to hold bottom a 1/4 of the way out.
So, I filled me feeder with half/half White maggot/Hemp. Cast in one rod length out and let it roll into a bit of a slack.
Ten mins later....whammo, the tip bangs round and after a brief fight a Grayling of around 3/4lb graced my net.
I popped it into the keepnet and thought, way-hay!! my doom at the state of the river soon buggered off!
After 2 hours I had about 6 Grayling in the net...then....a disturbance around my keep-net. I stood up to see a Pike of around 6-7lb having a go at my fishies.
I thought "great, there goes my fishing for the day" and I was right.
Only two more bites and a couple more Grayling came forth.
I tackled my spinning rod up and had a go for that damn Pike but I couldn't snare it.

The final result of 6 hours fishing was 6lb of Grayling (8 fish in all)

So, all in all, considering the state of the river, I had a good day.
It's a crying shame that the close season is upon us and we can't hit the rivers for a few months...but, c'est la vie eh?

Regards

Andy

I'D RATHER HAVE A BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME THAN A FRONTAL LOBOTOMY
Andy J Lockwood

Status
Not open for further replies.