A Raffle Joke - just for you Trogg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
And this IS meant as a joke. In bad taste at this point maybe but, all things considered, I think it is funny. And to all - I like Trogg. Trust the oversize fella too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The old farmer's mule had finally died of old age just before spring planting, so the farmer made a trip to town to buy another mule.

His $125 didn't buy much, but he was satisfied with his purchase and he made arrangements to return the next day with a horse trailer to pick up the mule and the dealer agreed to keep it overnight for him.

Early the next day, the old man returned. "Jim," said the mule dealer, "that old mule died last night. I'm real sorry to have to tell you this. I know you were counting on it for your spring garden." The dealer offered Jim his money back, but Jim said a bargain was a bargain, loaded the mule on his truck and left.

A couple of months later the mule dealer happened to drive by Jim's place and was astonished to see Jim working his garden on a *NEW* $4,000 garden tractor. Honking his horn, he called Jim over and asked him how in the world he had managed to buy a tractor when not to long ago all he had was the $125 that he'd spent on the mule that died.

"Well", Jim explains, "After leaving with the mule, I had this idea. So I stopped off at the local print shop and had 2,000 $2 raffle tickets printed up. Grand prize: Gardening Equipment. I sold all the raffle tickets to people around town."

"Yeah, but where did you get the gardening equipment?"

"From you."

"No, I mean the equipment you had as the raffle prize."

"I got it from you."

"Jim, all you got from me was a dead mule."

"I know, that's what I raffled off."

"My Goodness, Jim! You raffled off a dead mule?! I'll bet that really made a lot of people mad when they found out about it."

"Naw, not really, the only one really ticked off was the winner, and I gave him his money back."

Newt Vail

Edited by - Newt on 29 January 2002 01:18:11 AM

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Love it Newt

Congratulations on your new status on AN as well mate

(but to me you'll always be a redneck
)

Some may accuse me of a lot of things mate but it'll take a lot for me to lose my sense of humor & i'm sure all the posters on here will have taken the post for what it was ...A Joke

Alan
You've just been moderated

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
I do hope everyone takes it as just a "funny". As long as you do though, that is what really counts. Sometimes the only way to tolerate situations is to joke about them.

BTW - I'll be sending some large rapala pike lures towards the UK in a few days and half of them are for you. I hope you have honest mates 'cause I ain't saying exactly who I am mailing them to. :D

A normal mortal with rod/reel should be able to get the things down to maybe 15 ft but they will go to 25. I troll em down there for stripers and let the motor do the work. You will just have to rely on arm strength. :eek:

Newt Vail

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Newt

I trust my friends (the real ones) 100%

I'll look forward to getting my "sticky" little fingers on the lures mate

Nice surprise for me so i'll have to catch summat on them & name it "the newt"

Alan
You've just been moderated

david platt

Fusilier
Hi you two,
Whats all this about Lures, I love Lures, Thats all I live for,
to cast a lure is pure pleasure, could I lure you to send one to me,
Right enough Creeping, its not getting me anywere anyway,but I do like Pike Fishing (stop it )
Its like you said newt you have got to laugh at some of the things people say and do on the forums,( I think )
david

lanc

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
David - around a year ago, my local Bass Pro Shop (I am lucky and have one around 20 minutes from my house) put out a boat that was full of Rapala Diving Shad lures for $2 each. I couldn't resist and bought a bunch. Then it turned out they were going to keep the things on for that price - in store only.

The smaller ones go quickly since they are perfect for the local largemouth bass. However, the ones I had gotten are more pike size and around here, only good if you plan to fish for the freshwater striped bass we have (same as the sea species but now landlocked). I don't do much of that so will only need a couple. Which means I have some half-dozen that are just taking up space for nothing.

I decided to just wrap them up and send them along to the UK. I wanted Trogg to get some as we have become pretty good "net friends" over the past several years. But I also wanted to tweak him a bit by sending them to someone else with the understanding that half are for Trogg.

These thing are really large with a substantial lip on them and require some serious arm & wrist strength to get them down to depth. As I said earlier, I cheat. I tie one on and then run my boat slowly along so all I have to do is sit on the rod and let the motor do the cranking for me. I will usually run in 40-80 feet of water and pick up the occasional fish. Stripers are pelagic and can be found in open water feeding on schools of bait fish so there is no way to predict where they will be. Sometimes you can see them worrying a school by the surface activity. In those rare cases, I will motor to within casting distance and fling another (smaller) lure into the turmoil. Exciting to know that some 30-40-50 lb monsters may be down there. :D

Newt Vail

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave

I can only see one problem mate!!

You can't really pike fish with a pole can you
?

Newt

I always said you damn rednecks can't fish to save your lives
you lot have to cheat at everything even when it comes to fishing with lures