A Proper Way To Spend A Day Off………

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
After being a very good boy yesterday cleaning and polishing the car I took myself off to The Sedges today for a day’s pleasure fishing, and a sneaky bit of practice before the Nomads 2-dayer in October. Wanted to use some of my recent So Simple Bait Company "Home of the Gonut" purchases too without the pressure of instant results in a match scenario. Sat myself on peg 40 which is a proper flyer peg. Yeah right, maybe when someone else is fishing it! 🤣😂🤣😂
Set up a method feeder rod, a pellet waggler rod, a long shallow pole rig, a top 5 rig for on the deck and the obligatory edge rig for later on. Started on the method, had 2 skimmers and a carp on Blue Ice Micros with a Blue Ice Gonut in the band. Tried a couple of other combinations but no further indications so binned that after an hour. Went on the waggler to the left of the island as there was a nice ripple on the water blowing in but nothing, not even a dip! Tried long shallow slapping, nothing! 😱 Come on fish, a guy had 150 odd pound off here yesterday fishing top two. Don’t let me down! 😫
Went on the top 5 line, fishing meat and Magic Corn, over Blue Ice groundbait with added Rocks, and the bites started coming. Flying skimmers and nice 8-10lb carp stretched the Duraslip 13 white elastic, put 50lb of carp and 20lb of silvers on my clickers before it died off.
Had seen a few fish moving under the tree, along the bank to my left, so picked up the pellet waggler, feeding Kriller Gonuts with a CO2 Gonut on the hook and it was a carp every chuck. Tried a few other baits on the hook but it was the Chocolate Orange they wanted. Another 70lb of carp clicked off before the fish disappeared again.
Back to the top 5 line, fishing bunches of dead red maggots, soaked in CO2 Boost Juice, or Magic Corn, bite every put in. Flying skimmers and lovely carp loved both baits. Had a couple of foul hooked fish but they didn’t disturb the swim and carried on catching until I decided to spend the last hour fishing down the edge. Primed this swim with left over groundbait, Blue Ice and CO2 micros and dead maggots. Fished maggots or corn and it was a bite every time again. Landed some, lost some, got snagged on a couple and landed an eel, my first eel in many years!
Called time on myself after 6 hours as I didn’t fancy fighting the rush hour traffic on the way home. Could have stayed there much longer 😢 At the end I had clicked 160lb of carp and 36lb of skimmers (and that eel). Couldn’t have been more chuffed to be honest. A great day, at a great fishery, learnt loads and pleased with myself, for changing things to keep catching, when I would stick to one method in the past, hoping it would work. Thanks must go to Andy Seery, his baits are top notch and that Magic Corn is wizard but it does make you look like you’ve smoked 40 Woodbine in 6 hours 😘🎣🥰🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟 7C931AE6-DF6B-403B-B274-7B24582C2D5F.jpeg C96B143C-5F79-4C15-8CD4-17D4E63BB1C3.jpeg CEDAB553-A79D-402E-A368-79863DFA4CA5.jpeg 0FB51C90-2F54-4CD3-874E-97EA0C2A7F3E.jpeg

Total

Site Supporter
Well done DD, reads like a cracking days fishing....;)(y)..... Was you using Mr Seery's baits by any chance?:unsure::p:ROFLMAO:

Total

Site Supporter
I’ve no idea where you got that idea from………….🤣😂😘👍🏼
^^:giggle:.....I had to double check I wasn't reading the latest edition of "Matchfishing" when I read your report.....;):ROFLMAO:.....Many congratulations on becoming an 'Ambassador' for the 'So Simple Bait Company":p:love::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
After being a very good boy yesterday cleaning and polishing the car I took myself off to The Sedges today for a day’s pleasure fishing, and a sneaky bit of practice before the Nomads 2-dayer in October. Wanted to use some of my recent So Simple Bait Company "Home of the Gonut" purchases too without the pressure of instant results in a match scenario. Sat myself on peg 40 which is a proper flyer peg. Yeah right, maybe when someone else is fishing it! 🤣😂🤣😂
Set up a method feeder rod, a pellet waggler rod, a long shallow pole rig, a top 5 rig for on the deck and the obligatory edge rig for later on. Started on the method, had 2 skimmers and a carp on Blue Ice Micros with a Blue Ice Gonut in the band. Tried a couple of other combinations but no further indications so binned that after an hour. Went on the waggler to the left of the island as there was a nice ripple on the water blowing in but nothing, not even a dip! Tried long shallow slapping, nothing! 😱 Come on fish, a guy had 150 odd pound off here yesterday fishing top two. Don’t let me down! 😫
Went on the top 5 line, fishing meat and Magic Corn, over Blue Ice groundbait with added Rocks, and the bites started coming. Flying skimmers and nice 8-10lb carp stretched the Duraslip 13 white elastic, put 50lb of carp and 20lb of silvers on my clickers before it died off.
Had seen a few fish moving under the tree, along the bank to my left, so picked up the pellet waggler, feeding Kriller Gonuts with a CO2 Gonut on the hook and it was a carp every chuck. Tried a few other baits on the hook but it was the Chocolate Orange they wanted. Another 70lb of carp clicked off before the fish disappeared again.
Back to the top 5 line, fishing bunches of dead red maggots, soaked in CO2 Boost Juice, or Magic Corn, bite every put in. Flying skimmers and lovely carp loved both baits. Had a couple of foul hooked fish but they didn’t disturb the swim and carried on catching until I decided to spend the last hour fishing down the edge. Primed this swim with left over groundbait, Blue Ice and CO2 micros and dead maggots. Fished maggots or corn and it was a bite every time again. Landed some, lost some, got snagged on a couple and landed an eel, my first eel in many years!
Called time on myself after 6 hours as I didn’t fancy fighting the rush hour traffic on the way home. Could have stayed there much longer 😢 At the end I had clicked 160lb of carp and 36lb of skimmers (and that eel). Couldn’t have been more chuffed to be honest. A great day, at a great fishery, learnt loads and pleased with myself, for changing things to keep catching, when I would stick to one method in the past, hoping it would work. Thanks must go to Andy Seery, his baits are top notch and that Magic Corn is wizard but it does make you look like you’ve smoked 40 Woodbine in 6 hours 😘🎣🥰🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟 7C931AE6-DF6B-403B-B274-7B24582C2D5F.jpeg C96B143C-5F79-4C15-8CD4-17D4E63BB1C3.jpeg CEDAB553-A79D-402E-A368-79863DFA4CA5.jpeg 0FB51C90-2F54-4CD3-874E-97EA0C2A7F3E.jpeg
Superb day 👌 well done 👏

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
^^:giggle:.....I had to double check I wasn't reading the latest edition of "Matchfishing" when I red your report.....;):ROFLMAO:.....Many congratulations on becoming an 'Ambassador' for the 'So Simple Bait Company":p:love::ROFLMAO:
I’m easily bought……….🤣😂❤️

Total

Site Supporter
@DevonDangler .......Only messing mate....;)....Always love's it when a plan comes together for someone and you've certainly done justice to your planned day with a fantastic result....I wish you much success on the two dayer with Nomads....:)(y)

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
I don’t mind the ribbing @Total ❤️❤️❤️ It’ll be a whole new ball game come October on the 2 dayer and I’ll have spawny beggars like @slaner to contend with then too 😘😂🤣😂🤣