A poor catch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornmaster1

Hi Neil, sorry I missed you on the moat. I was fishing 1 peg from the right to the guy asleep on the bank! We had, on the whole a terrible time. The tackle owner at the water tower in Dirksland did a good job of taking us round the area. We fished the Volkerak by the scrap/junk boats. only 3 bream caught (5lb each) and a mullet.
The pumping station north of middleharness, but again v.poor. 1 bream and 1 ide between 10 of us. The small canal at the side was full of grass carp, but we didn't get chance to fish it, tried various other places, but just no fish. the best place we found was the canal at middleharness, fishing up to the boats on the tip, best weight 88lb all bream. We fished it twice more, and most blanked!!!! The area in my opinion has less places and choice than the other side of the dam wall. The town of Herkingen is a ghost town, the only bar not on the camp site was closed down by the police for growing drugs. The digs were v. poor at Bungalow park,they are privately owned, and the one we had stunk of fags and damp. The other 2 were a little better (just). We won't be returning there next year, so will try cape heli instead. Is it true about the worm ban being lifted next year, if so when? On the whole v poor fishing, but a good time still doing other stuff!!! Sounds like you had a good time on the spui, don't know much about it, can you or anyone forward me some details, Tim.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Did u fish windy miller?
I thought there wouldnt be much fishing that way.****e weather though mate.Not sure over worm ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.