A pole like Clint Eastwood

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sold a few pole spares yesterday and today Something in the Classifieds just made me think

Ive really been using the Pole with No Name for the past few years

I had originally purchased a Will Raison Blue competition Spectron, I wanted a silvers pole, and that was almost go too at the time, I dunno why, it was as good on carps as it was silvers, but hey ho, what do I know

Then in the quest to make sure I would have enough spares and kits for the above, I bought another, not in such good condition, ( one of those "mint condition, has a couple of repairs, doesnt affect the pole, still packs away in three seperate tubes ones)

it didnt stop there, ended up buying a rake of the early madrel poles of all types, tourney X, 410, 510, 711, and a couple more spectrons

Eventually, due to wanting to set up to hand poles at various lengths when fishing, the sections sorta got swapped around as I packed away after a gig or a day out, more than once I shipped out with a silver triangle top kit from a tourney or spectron, connected to either a blue, red, green, yellow or silver triangled No4, followd by the same with the larger sections,, rarely though did I use the painted sections from different poles though

it never really seemed to effect the poles action or feel though, even with the biggest bastardization between the differing sections it always felt the same pole

whn I sold em on after switching to the later mandrelled poles I kept a few kits, long and short number 4's and 5's and two whole daiwa 410s (now thats a silvers pole) the 410s see limited action these days mainly if Im fishing where its tight or a risk of dogs and passers bye-bicycles

been going through the pole hardcases etc today cos Bill, yesterdays purchaser may want another long 4, and Ive noticed the same thing is creeping in with my Airity and tourney sections,

cleaned up and reset them right, legitamate poles all now

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Sold a few pole spares yesterday and today Something in the Classifieds just made me think

Ive really been using the Pole with No Name for the past few years

I had originally purchased a Will Raison Blue competition Spectron, I wanted a silvers pole, and that was almost go too at the time, I dunno why, it was as good on carps as it was silvers, but hey ho, what do I know

Then in the quest to make sure I would have enough spares and kits for the above, I bought another, not in such good condition, ( one of those "mint condition, has a couple of repairs, doesnt affect the pole, still packs away in three seperate tubes ones)

it didnt stop there, ended up buying a rake of the early madrel poles of all types, tourney X, 410, 510, 711, and a couple more spectrons

Eventually, due to wanting to set up to hand poles at various lengths when fishing, the sections sorta got swapped around as I packed away after a gig or a day out, more than once I shipped out with a silver triangle top kit from a tourney or spectron, connected to either a blue, red, green, yellow or silver triangled No4, followd by the same with the larger sections,, rarely though did I use the painted sections from different poles though

it never really seemed to effect the poles action or feel though, even with the biggest bastardization between the differing sections it always felt the same pole

whn I sold em on after switching to the later mandrelled poles I kept a few kits, long and short number 4's and 5's and two whole daiwa 410s (now thats a silvers pole) the 410s see limited action these days mainly if Im fishing where its tight or a risk of dogs and passers bye-bicycles

been going through the pole hardcases etc today cos Bill, yesterdays purchaser may want another long 4, and Ive noticed the same thing is creeping in with my Airity and tourney sections,

cleaned up and reset them right, legitamate poles all now
How much can you pick up a 410 for mate?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
How much can you pick up a 410 for mate?
if you can find one, anything between £100 for a rough example to around £400 for one in very good nick, spares are blue triangles, theres been a couple on the daiwa selling pages on facey for those prices in the last few months

Louis D

I sold a 410 pole only for £350 recently, it was in excellent nick - better than the one the buyer bought it as spares for, he was a very happy chap.. Authentic 410 sections had white/cream triangles, the blue ones were off the conny 510 I think.

I agree it was an excellent silvers (and carp) pole but the finish made shipping hard work when wet. I set it up before he came round which almost made me change my mind on selling it.