A Passion For Angling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
When was this show filmed?

Ive watched it for a while but their was a couple of episodes on yesterday that i loved. They were laughing at how "ghastly" this guys new electric bite alarms were.

I love the old cane rods, centerpin reels and other equipment they use. Some of the footage though was amazing. A young lad joined one of the hosts for a barbel fishing trip. They threw in some hemp and corn, fished without luck and came back the next day. Their was about 6 or 7 Barbel of a decent size all just sat a few feet out, so they freelined some corn and rested the rod amongst the jungle of reeds and long gras they were hiding in. Then some exotic looking bird (although probably not exotic, just not pidgeon style we see today), flies down and rests on the rod, its like, you couldnt make that stuff up?!

It didnt say where they fished but id love to visit some of the places they do, or do they not exist anymore?!

Another one on the same show was a guy fishing some sort of lake, with kids running round and paddling at his feet, and within a minute or two he gets a tench just under 8lb's on the feeder.

At first i thought "aaah, i bet this show is cack" and as much as i love matt hayes and sir michael. this show rocks.

Your views please.

Last edited:

EvilD

think it was late 80's early 90's i still enjoy watching it.
i also heard there is a follow up series in the making and shoul be ready for soem tiem next year :D

fishhead

toon barmy
A Passion For Angling is the best fishing program ever made in my opinion. I've watched it loads of times and never get bored with it. It seems to show the romantic side of fishing that no other program can. Chris and Bob are a joy to watch and it's just a pity they didn't make more!

Bill G

Grandad
rumour has it a little bit of hanky panky went on between one of them and the others wife so they are not quite such good mates ONLY WHAT I HEARD i dont know for sure but the source is usually not far off the mark . as for exotic bird that was a kingfisher and they were fishing hampshie avon a lot of which is day ticket[8D]

Ady

Formerly Adymon
nice :p

and ive heard good things about the avon, is the fishing still that good?

Bill G

Grandad
always does fish well huge chub and barbel and the dorset stour is right next door[8D]

davefish

a passsion for angling was and is the best angling program ever made.
it manages to portray the reasons why we all go fishing in so few words the stunning photography of hugh miles and naration of bernard cribbins give the series a timeless feel that i think will never be excelled.

EvilD

any one listen to fishermans blues on saturdays sundays and bank holidays at 6am on talksport radio 1059 and 1089am usualy with keith arthur thats intersting to listen to.

Last edited:

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Never heard of that radio show!

And bigjon your not wrong, i dont know what id do without realtime extra!

bigjon06

its just a shame that real time arent producing anymore fishing shows, the fools, hopefully hugh miles new show 'catching the impossible' with martin bowler gets picked up by a terrestrial channel.

mangrojack

1990 - 92 i believe but i could be wrong,

i love the bit where they jump out of a tree ace lol

carpy sy

Bivvy Boy ,Beds.
Originally posted by EvilD

i also heard there is a follow up series in the making and shoul be ready for soem tiem next year :D

"Catching The Impossible" with Martin Bowler,filmed by Hugh Miles,who filmed A Passion For Angling.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
I loved this series as well Ady. It had a charm and life that has never been equaled in any fishing show.
Funny though isnt it?
That angling series was so popular and yet it has about as much to do with the carp winching mudholes of today as Mother Theresa has about grunge.

bazw

seen the one where Chris Yates puts a dummy in the swim for a few days before he fished it and thought he must have had to sit and guard it all the time as some one would bomb it with rocks round here

one question , where do you get those kettles he used in the series ?

Last edited:

crankfrank

Locked Account
1992 or 93 I think it was. The best show ever. You can buy the dvd set from here http://www.passionforangling.info/. Although I got mine from pirate bay, when I have some spare money though I am going to buy the originals. Noticed a week or so back that home and leisure are reshowing it again. Really makes me want to sell my korum rods and baitrunners, not. Although I would love to try with an old cane rod and centerpin.

crankfrank

Locked Account
Its a kelly kettle they are available here http://www.kellykettle.com/ but they are not cheap.

sheepy

Awsome program i think they are doing another series,if im right the first took 6 yrs to film but it shows in the qaulity.

best bits for me were

jumpin out of tree/pea shooter boilie launcher :)

scarecrow fisherman

june 16th fireworks n wine

monster cannibal river pike

and the quest for arnie.

cant remember no more gonna have to dig the dvds out.

kendall17

a truely awsome programme i like the episode mentioned in original post with the kid and barbel it was like a dream for the kid! i love real time extra, fishing month, all my fav programmes in one month cant be beaten!

Status
Not open for further replies.