A pair of tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
With so much good information in the "where have you fished" original thread, some might want to keep a copy.

If so, just open the thread and do a file~save as then pick the "web archive" option (has a .mht ending). This will put an exact, total, complete copy on your PC that you can open and read whenever the mood strikes. A "web page complete" file won't behave nearly as well from your PC.

Also, when you are doing a post and need to use a fraction, you can do better than the 1/2 or 1/3 that usually appears. Just hold down the ALT key and type in - from the number pad - the following

- ALT 0189
- ALT 0188
- ALT 0190

There are lots more symbols you can use. To see them all, do a start~run and put in the word charmap

Newt Vail

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Newt,
You are a Goldmine of info!

Used to use the 1/2s etc on my old poker forum, but never knew about the save bit

Thanks

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

martin.

Account Locked
hi newt ,
OOPS i have openened this post by mistake this time of morning my eyes arnt that good & i thought the P in tips was a T
but very good tiPs all the same cheers
tight lines.
martin.

Edited by - martin. on 28 April 2002 07:29:20 AM

MALC

Newt your a star cheers mate

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well they say you're never too old to learn and I've just learn't something thumbsup.gif

Good one Newt

Have you a reference to all the codes that you can use in Start~Run and their uses?

Cheers, Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Dave - pretty much anything will run from that line if your computer can find it.

I run programs from there. Also, at work, I open folders on network shares. Lots quicker than doing it via Network Neighborhood or whatever.

As to Charmap - any character that has an ALT nnnn (where nnnn is any number) will show up on here as long as you look in the typeface that you will be using on the bbs. The default for this bbs is Times New Roman I think.

And I just saved the first section of "where you fished" as a web archive. Less than 600Kb total size. Now I got the thread to look thru whenever I feel the urge.

Newt Vail

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Newt,
You are the MAN,a veritable goldmine of information.
Thanks.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.