A nice change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello all

Heres a report of a weeks sea fishing i had in dingle, in the west of
ireland in august, i know its nothing to do with coarse fishing
but what the hell i dont post on anyother fishing sites these days, and there are some nice scenery pics and a few fish.

it was a nice change from coarse fishing, variety is the spice of life as it is said.

Day one: we (me,eoin and my father) fished trabeg starnd in a heavy surf, we fished mackerel and sandeel baits on three hook paternoster
rigs with 6oz breakaway leads.we caught 12 dogfish to 3lbs 1oz.

Datafile.jpg

Me fishing at trabeg

Datafile.jpg

my dad on the hill overlooking trabeg strand

Day 2 : we fished the boulder beach at minard, with the same rigs, but i also spun with a silver big s plug for bass.

Datafile.jpg

(above and below) fishing at minard

Datafile.jpg

We caught one doggie and a ballan wrasse on the bottom baits and i had
a 5lbs bass and a foul hooked flounder on the plug.While landing the bass i cleverly managed to impale a size 4 treble into my thumb, so i had to force it through past the barb and then cut off the point and pull it back through.i got the sea bass though.

Datafile.jpg

above my 5lbs bass, below me with a bass and eoin with a doggie.

Datafile.jpg

below, my dad fishing at minard

Datafile.jpg

that eveing we fished the lighthouse mark in dingle harbour, as we were bottom fishing for ray and dogs the waves literally turned silver with a massive shoal of sprats, they were getting washed up everywhere and beyond them we could see larger fish swirling after them, we set up a spinning rod and a hokkai lure and had 14 mackerel in about 20 mins before they went out of range. we then used the mackerel as nice fresh bait for our bottom rods.

below, eoin and i with a bass and some of the mackerel

Datafile.jpg

Day 3: it rained all day, and with the big swell we couldnt get out in a charter boat to shark fish as we hoped, best forgotten.

Day four: we fished the pier at brandon creek, we bottom fished for conger eels with mackerel bait and float fished with mackerel and sandeels for pollack, eoin had two lovely pollack of 4.5 and 7lbs and i had a 1.75lbs rockling on the bottom bait.

below , eoins pollack

Datafile.jpg

below, my rockling

Datafile.jpg

day 5: we fished dunquin pier and dunmore head, the pier was too weedy to fish properly (spectacular views though) but at dunmore head my dad had a specimen dogfish of 3.5lbs and we also had an 8lbs conger eel and eoin had a doggie and a rockling.

fishing at dunquin pier

Datafile.jpg Datafile.jpg

My dads big dogfish

Datafile.jpg

8lbs conger eel, what power they have in their mouths, this one nearly broke my thumb.

Datafile.jpg

My dad in action at dunmore

Datafile.jpg

Day 6: on our last day eoin and i fished the beach at trench, while my father fished the owenmore river for trout, he had 20 small brown and sea trout. eoin and i had three flatfish,one conger eel and a final dogfish.

eoin fishing trench

Datafile.jpg

a flatfish from trench

Datafile.jpg

all in all it was a great week , the scenery was great and the sea air really cleared out the lungs. I will be back next year, and hopefully can get some shark fishing done then.

Good luck
ADAM

http://groups.msn.com/ADAMSALBUM79

G

Nice to see some one else into sea fishing Adam.
I have started to get terminal gear sorted for the winter,getting a new casting reel tomorrow, Penn 525gs or an Abu Elite 6500.

Some great pics Adam and that scenery,if you ever get the chance to come over here there are some great rock and beach marks to fish from.
Going tom get some casting practice done before the season starts

Great report Adam, got me itching to get out there mate.
I will be posting on my nights out sea fishing also and hopefuly some pics of the fish i get.

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Excellent mate some lovely fish & some beutiful scenery to compliment it.

Hard to believe its the emerald isle though cos there's not one pic with a can of guiness in it icon_smile_big.gif

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Great pictures Adam and you're right "variety is the spice of life as it is said"

icon_smile.gif Dave

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Adam,
Thanks,

Super post and what a variety!
I would have called the brown Dogfish a nurse, the blue ones Doggies, but that's how we referred to them 38 years ago, when I was a Trawlerman!

Declans 1st pic reminds me so much of 'The man of the sea'
He really looks the part.
The scenery is ruggedly beautiful too!
Tough with the hook, that's a bit of the curse rubbing off from when we met icon_smile_big.gif

I hope you let Funghi alone in Dingle Bay? (but thet say he prefers women?)

Thanks again for a really interesting post!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Enough! I'm off!

norm

adam
nice change
good post
well done
see ya later
norm

WHO`S PEG CAN I CAST INTO?

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello

ANDY- id love to have a go at those rock marks some day,
hopefully.

trogg-cans of guiness are banned from my picsicon_smile_big.gif

trev- i had a quick go spinning for fungi but he wasnt interested,
i didnt try ledgered women though, next time maybeicon_smile_big.gif

ADAM

http://groups.msn.com/ADAMSALBUM79

G

One day Adam who knows, you might be able to have a go at the marks.
Put a pic of a wrasse on the thread, sorry about my hand covering the fish, scared in case its teeth got me,,(LoL)

i'm going to bait up
Andy

G

Simon, i have been having a look for some photo's of our trips to Balcary and Kirkubright, with the house alterations i cannot find them. Could be in any one of the boxes, sorry

i'm going to bait up
Andy

catman

i cannot wait to get bach there adam get away from all these carp and catfish for a change. oh by the way well done with catching the new lower ebro record mate.

MALC

Great report Adam and as others have said it makes a nice change.

Used to do a lot of sea fishing before moving to Rugby but it must be nearly 15years since i last done any.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Status
Not open for further replies.