A new PB at the Glade!!!!!! (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashtheangler

Team tackletek
Im going to get straight to the point with this one!

I managed to get up to the glade at 8:00am this morning. Tactics for the day were to leger a 15mm dynamite baits fresh fish mussel and oyster boilie and polefish on the other.

The day went well with me catching 86 fish all together.

The first fish was a rudd, a good start i thought. So i rebaited my size 16 kamasan hook with a maggot and a caster and plopped the float back to where i was fishing, 5 metres out next to an overhanging tree.

I was using 4lbs 8oz fox micro plus line with the pole being elasticated with 14 to 16 rated middy hi viz elastic.

The float went under and i struck. The elastic stretched, then a bit more....and then it SHOT off! I reached for the pole sections and had it fully extended as the fish was trying to drive away. 5 minutes in to the fight i lifted the pole to try and get the fish to rise so i could see what i had hooked in to, i thought it was aa tench but then my suspicions changed when i was fighting it for over 10 minutes lol. I saw a golden flank, then some scales...it was a carp, and a big one at that!
At this point my trousers were going brown (not literally) and im just praying that this carp doesnt snap my line! IT WAS ONLY 4lbs 8oz! lol
After 15 od minutes of playing the fish, i saw it rise - and it was immense! I netted it and actually danced with joy lol.
A passer by thankfully took a couple of pics for me of me holding the beast - It was a new PB carp for me for sure!

I weighed it and it ended up turning the avons to...

15lbs 12oz

Datafile11.jpg

Datafile11.jpg

Datafile11.jpg

Datafile11.jpg

IM VERY HAPPY!

I didnt think i could have ever done it - the glade is a place whereby if you have a good season, you've had 2 or 3 nice carp out!

I had this 15lbs 12ozer on the most un-used technique, using 4lbs 8oz match line, a 14 to 16 rated elastic, a size 16 hook baited with a maggot and a caster, in a place where it is near enough impossible to catch carp!

Again, i dont know how i did it - it must have been my lucky day
AGAIN, I AM A VERY HAPPY BOY! LOL

Thanks for reading all!
Tight lines!
Ash

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
COR!!!

Thats some fish mate! I'm a jealous laddie now!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Congratulations ash.
You can't beat a decent Common for looks.[;)]

ashtheangler

Team tackletek
cheers people - i was actually surprised i got it in - a part of me wished i hadnt seen what fish it was and how big it was because if i were to lose it i owuld have probably hung myself lol

gibby

Well done Ash - carp fishing doesn't begin and end with buzzers and boilies!

c oo ki e

o_O
absolute pristine common mate well done!
great report as always too
regards.

violator

Well done Ash, was wondering where you'd been. But that lake only chucks up 2-3 carp a season??? That's tough. I'll stick with Elphicks I think. Great pics as usual.

ashtheangler

Team tackletek
lol It's a solid lake, but I like a challenge - and elphicks paririe lake is alright, just a bit too easy [:p]

violator

I'm too old and dont go enough these days for a challenge Ash. Kettles lake is my domain!! lol

Jeff Mowbray

Well done ash[:)].Those mussle and oyster boilies are superb i have used them on my last few trips to brookside catching each time,

ashtheangler

Team tackletek
i'm yet to catch on them mate - but they absolutley stink! it's funny though, how all of my pb fish have been caught on maggot (minus pike)

Status
Not open for further replies.