a new brolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Hi all, i'm in the market for a new brolly as my old one has taken a bit of a battering with all the weather we've been having lately. i've had a look at some of the flatbacks which look great when you can push the brolly spike into the ground, but i do alot of fishing on wooden/concrete stagings where i use the octoplus umbrella holder and need a decent tilt system. any ideas lads and lasses?[?][8D]

HEY DUDE............
afro.gif

stevieb

Shakin
Site Supporter
I got a brolly from the recent angling discount sale at Newark showgound...angle tilt the lot!!! and it cost me a cool round tenner!!! if you can wait till the next show comes along try it you'll get a bargain. I'm not sure when the next one is taking place but I'm sure someone on here will know.... By the way dont buy one of those brolly's where the spike can be screwed in at two different angles.... they are absolutely brilliant if you fancy a real good soaking!!!

Tight Lines

Steve

matt

Thanks for the advice steve, i was thinking of one of those brollies where the spike can be screwed in at 2 different angles, but upon looking at them in the tackle shop i did have my reservations, after reading your post, i don't think that i'll bother with one of them![:D][:D]

HEY DUDE............

Larry

Lazarus
YEH Matt,
I found out to my cost when i wentto Burley Lakes on 1st jan area round pool tarmacked so couldn't knock spike in ground.GOOD JOB I'D GOT SOME GOOD WET WEATHER GEAR .

The keenets windbreaker need's to have spike in the ground but i like you normally put my brolly on my seat box tried with wind breaka wouldn't have it.

I;m not Knocking the Windbreaker Brolly im sure it;ll be ok for situations where i can knock spike in the ground good job i kept my old brolly.

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Status
Not open for further replies.