A lot too be said about lack of Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookit

Account Locked
One way the legal profession tries to get criminals off is by calling all the police officers involved to court. In a hope one will not turn up and they then can have the case thrown out.
I have been to court loads of time no real reason why I should be there and I am not called to give evidence. One such case 27 officers were called to attend court only two were called to the box to give evidence the case lasted 4 days. How on earth does the legal profession and government allow this misuse of public funds and staff. I spend my time visiting the art gallery and they do a nice coffee in their cafe and if I am needed they call me on my mobile I am less then five minutes away. I wonder how many man hours this takes up just in our county as officers are at court every day and not all are called. Such a waste of time.

Raccnevets

What!!!
Not to bad getting paid with taxpayers money to`while away your time looking at works of art!

hookit

Account Locked
Originally posted by Raccnevets

Not to bad getting paid with taxpayers money to`while away your time looking at works of art!

Would you prefer I sit in the court waiting room and do nothing. This is not my choice I am called to court. I am also a tax payer.
But I agree with you that's why I have posted this thread. Just to show a lot of police time is wasted and its out of control of the police if the defence call you as a witness you have to attend. And it is just another way they try to get their clients off. Does this not concern you that the legal system allows this to happen? beer-toast1.gif

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
I reckon you sit down in front of your keyboard Hookit put a blue flashing light on yer bonce and then log on to Maggot Drowners mate.[:D][:D].
Said tongue in cheek and in fun.

hookit

Account Locked
Originally posted by BARRYBLOKE

I reckon you sit down in front of your keyboard Hookit put a blue flashing light on yer bonce and then log on to Maggot Drowners mate.[:D][:D].
Said tongue in cheek and in fun.
Barry
I would be in big trouble if I went on MDs at work. [:D]

dougal davis

hookit i agree with you mate i have a friend who works for the cps and her job is to arrange for witnesses and police officers to attend court for the prosecution ,and she gets really wound up with the time wasted from the defence lawyers calling all the officers involved to court and the witnesses and then if they all turn up asking for an adjurnment on some stupid reason and then starting over again in the hope that someone will not turn up one day and their clients can go free.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
You would think that by the very nature of their jobs that the police and lawyers would sort of get on but it would seem not to be the case.
I know 2 solicitors on a personal basis one of them (a woman and ex wifes best friend) very well and theres no love lost at all between her or the other guy and the police.
She really doesnt trust them one iota.
Funny world innit.

hookit

Account Locked
Originally posted by BARRYBLOKE

I know 2 solicitors on a personal basis one of them (a woman and ex wifes best friend) very well and theres no love lost at all between her or the other guy and the police.
She really doesnt trust them one iota.
Funny world innit.

Barry mate, how would you feel if a loved one was hurt and a solicitor by milking the system got them off. There are some good solicitors out there and yes the police and some solicitors do get on. But as I have said in the past I do not have time for bent police officers and in the same way I have no time for bent solicitors who know full well a client is guilty but they try and get them off by fair means or foul. Its hard enough getting CPS to take cases to court and then you have the added problems of the out dated lagal system being misused to get criminals off.
I am in this line of work because I care about my country and its people. And that is why I am involved with community groups and junior angling in my spare time.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
I wasnt making any particular point Hookit. I wasnt taking a sideswipe at anybody at all. Not my style mate. I tend to shoot from the hip and right atcha Mucker. Just passing a comment really.
I agree with you theres tons of bent legal people out there. I wouldnt mind betting that the majority of really good ones work for the government.
I know Gillian herself is a particularly "upright citizen" for want of a better word. A more honest person you would be hard pushed to find. She,s a lovely person.
Ref my dealings with the police and my subsequent feelings about them.
People on here will make their own minds up.
Ive had my say on that subject and Im not in anyway going to bang on about it.
Im just waiting for Linda to come home cos I wanna go fishin[;)][;)]

J

Chubonator
i am seriously confused now... David if you are summoned to court and you are not a policeman nor a crook then you must be a solicitor/barrister? but now you are complaining about those in the legal profession.. please make your mind up you are really seriously confusing me????????

hookit

Account Locked
Originally posted by J

i am seriously confused now... David if you are summoned to court and you are not a policeman nor a crook then you must be a solicitor/barrister? but now you are complaining about those in the legal profession.. please make your mind up you are really seriously confusing me????????

J
No need to be confused this is very easy. The police use many professionals in the fight against crime. I am what is known as an Imaging Officer do not get confused with this job and SOCO or what in some areas in now known as Crime Scene Investigators. There is also what is know as Collision Investigators some are police some are support staff .
Some forces do try and do it sort of like DIY to try and get these services on the cheap but it does not work. I think the saying Horses for course about sums it up. And of course there are the PCSO's [:D]
The New SOCA are not police officers but civil servants. http://www.soca.gov.uk/

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you're missing one of your coppers I can tell you he's sat in his car near the BMW dealership on Scotthall Road, Leeds taking videos of passing motorists - must be getting near to the end of the month and a shortage of funds in the tea caddy [:(!]

The Police would get a lot more credibility if they actually got on with the real job of pursuing criminals, not motorists traveling down hill from a 40 into a 30 on a three lane single direction main road

How is it that the minute the Police Unions feel that their members are getting a rough deal they winge and whine and threaten to pull out, etc, and yet you tell us about all the wasted police resources which they just accept for granted - I bet that the majority of coppers look forward to being called up to court as a potential day off the beat

There, that should just about guarantee me the 3 points and 60 fine for traveling at 35mph to pick the wife up [B)]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Oh dear Dave... did you get clocked?

I think alot of the problems with our policing, is the fact that we dont see them enough!

Never mind how their time is wasted, if all the officers have a problem with sitting about, why dont they get off their backsides and tell their bosses?

Im sure I could find them something to do round here!

Dont get me wrong Hookit, I know where you re comming from on the justice system but you make it sound like they sit about in court all day or in traffic jams all day.

Lets see more on the beat.

hookit

Account Locked
Dave
Who are the real criminals, 3,201 people were killed on Britain's roads in 2005 and Total casualties in 2005 were 271,017, as yet the 2006 figures have not been released. And you feel the motorist is being persecuted I feel these figures are disgrace and if the you check just how many officers are active traffic officers you will find it is a small percentage of police officers are involved in this very important roll. I have been on the roads since 1966 in that time I have been stopped no more then half a dozen times, I do not feel I have been persecuted. But with these disgraceful figures I think the motorist could do with a little persecution.

And lets face it we have big signs warning drivers of speed cameras static and mobile. All drivers have to do is open their eyes and drop their speed this is not rocket science.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
And lets face it we have big signs warning drivers of speed cameras static and mobile. All drivers have to do is open their eyes and drop their speed this is not rocket science.

Sorry mate, but I have to disagree there.

Yes the static cameras have signs, but then again they have signs where there arent any cameras too!!

But in our area, they DO NOT always put up warning signs for the mobile ones!![:(!]

Years ago, I was clocked coming down a very steep hill on a road that went from 40 at the top, to 30 half way down!![?]

I was clocked at 33mph!!(this was the days when they had the little handheld zappers)
The police were sat at the bottom of the hill in a side street entrance, hidden till you were ontop of them, then they leapt out and zapped you!.

While I was sat there being collared, numerous other cars went past so fast they rocked mine, and the other police man ignored them!

If you want persecution, how about this?

While i was being questioned on whether I was who I said I was and if i had a licence to be alive, the officer said, and I quote

"Oh it must be Lada's night out tonight haha!!"

To which his mate replied, "Yeah, thats the 5th one youve done tonight, and the 3rd kid too!!" IMO thats a crime in itself.

Ok so I had a Lada, that itself is not a crime! (It was my 1st car), yes I was only 17, but Id passed my test 1st time, never had (and still never have had) an accident.

In fact, every time I have had the misfortune to be pulled for any reason, which thankfully isnt too often, its always been the same. Im treated like dirt because Im either too young to have a nice, new car, or Im made to feel like scum, cos Im driving an older/cheap car!

Like Ive said on one of your other posts regarding motoring,

I pay my taxes, Im legal, so why do I get treated like some sort of lowlife tax/work dodger?

I ll tell you why, its because Im too bloody honest for my own good, therefore IM a target.

They cant be arsed to chase the real criminals half the time, because of this stupid Americanised Human Rights cr*p!!!

If thats the way you think our road users should be treated, you have a very odd way of looking at things.

Sorry Hookit, I have alot of respect for you in other areas (your fishing related persuits), but you seem to have an air of "Holier than thou" about you when you write your replies.[:(]

And you can be quite condesending in your replies, no wonder so many people get narked!

I also, believe it or not do have alot of respect for the police force too, on the whole they do what they can, and I understand their problems, but the honest people of this country seem to get a bums rush.

Hohum, my rant over[:D]

Don

The legal profession is living proof that crime does pay, you never see a poor barrister or QC walking the streets do you?

hookit

Account Locked
Yes the static cameras have signs, but then again they have signs where there arent any cameras too!!

But in our area, they DO NOT always put up warning signs for the mobile ones!!

In that case they are not complying with the legislation and you have every right to contest this.

Years ago, I was clocked coming down a very steep hill on a road that went from 40 at the top, to 30 half way down!!

I was clocked at 33mph!!(this was the days when they had the little handheld zappers)
The police were sat at the bottom of the hill in a side street entrance, hidden till you were ontop of them, then they leapt out and zapped you!.

ACPO guideline allow 10% tolerance for speed and some forces add 2 mph on that.

While I was sat there being collared, numerous other cars went past so fast they rocked mine, and the other police man ignored them!

This is always the case, it is like a shop lifter saying while you are doing me street robbers are getting away [}:)]

If you want persecution, how about this?

While i was being questioned on whether I was who I said I was and if i had a licence to be alive, the officer said, and I quote

"Oh it must be Lada's night out tonight haha!!"

To which his mate replied, "Yeah, thats the 5th one youve done tonight, and the 3rd kid too!!" IMO thats a crime in itself.

Ok so I had a Lada, that itself is not a crime! (It was my 1st car), yes I was only 17, but Id passed my test 1st time, never had (and still never have had) an accident.

I would have made an official complaint if that was the case.

In fact, every time I have had the misfortune to be pulled for any reason, which thankfully isnt too often, its always been the same. Im treated like dirt because Im either too young to have a nice, new car, or Im made to feel like scum, cos Im driving an older/cheap car!

Well, there must be something because when stopped I have always been treated with respect, even when I was 17 and pulled on my Norton. I have not always worked for the police.
Like Ive said on one of your other posts regarding motoring,

I pay my taxes, Im legal, so why do I get treated like some sort of lowlife tax/work dodger?[/blue]I ll tell you why, its because Im too bloody honest for my own good, therefore IM a target.

As do I. Do you feel because you pay tax and work it gives you the right to do what ever you like
[:D]

They cant be arsed to chase the real criminals half the time, because of this stupid Americanised Human Rights cr*p!!!

I am no fan of human rights it has done a lot of damage to this country in its present state. But hey who makes loads of money out of Human Rights Mrs?

If thats the way you think our road users should be treated, you have a very odd way of looking at things.

I spend far to long looking at the carnage on our roads caused by good honest tax payers of this country. When you see a child killed because a good honest tax payer drives like a prat how would you feel. All the carnage on our roads are not the result of boy racers or joy riders as they are known I call them thieving barstewards

Sorry Hookit, I have alot of respect for you in other areas (your fishing related persuits), but you seem to have an air of "Holier than thou" about you when you write your replies.

Maybe it is because of the cr*p I see far to often.

And you can be quite condesending in your replies, no wonder so many people get narked!

Such is life mate I do not aim to be condescending nor "Holier than thou". Only speak as I find.

[blue]I also, believe it or not do have alot of respect for the police force too, on the whole they do what they can, and I understand their problems, but the honest people of this country seem to get a bums rush.

All the time but I am one of those

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Trying to cut UK road deaths with cameras is like p*ss*ng in the sea to add salt.

Not saying I disagree with it - Better than nothing BUT thats all it is - better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.