A human kindness

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
No, I don't mean taking Waldorf and Astoria @ukzero1 and @Geoff P out fishing, that was part of my community service hours :ROFLMAO:

No, in all seriousness, and just to show that if you cut me in half it doesn't read "right b*****d" like a stick of rock I'm referring to an incident whilst out with my two friends fishing.

I was off to the kazi when I spot this old boy struggling like mad to get his fishing gear out of the car, fair struggling he was bless him and he was about 108 and as flexible as an ironing board.
I noticed he still had a seatbox to get out so I stop and offer my services. Now I know I'm more of a face for radio, morse code even, but my heart went out to the old lad and I meant it.
He very politely declined, said he would be okay and so I went to kazi and thence for tea (top up what had left).

It must be though that this old boy wasn't used to getting much help because it seemed to have genuinely touched him as when I walked passed him he thanked me once more with a smile.

makes me a little sad to think that folks aren't helping each other like they used to. how many times do you see old folks struggling with heavy bags ion to a bus?
in my day men, proper men, would offer to carry them on, now they's rob the buggers and run off.

a sad state indeed.

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Yeah but the question is - did you carry Geoff and Pete's tackle to their pegs for them?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Many a time on our Club matches im last to my peg as ive helped the old lads round.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
An offer of helps costs diddly, if they accept or decline you have shown kindness which is a good thing.?

TonyA

Site Supporter
I just hope it was his car he was getting the stuff out of. :unsure:

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I carried some of Pete's, Geoff was okay parked next to his peg. besides, they way he was murdering that bacon and egg cob he had the strength of 10 so he didn;t need me.

I acknowledged Lol's offer of help, but being a stubborn and, at times, cantankerous curmudgeon I wanted to do it myself. Knackered me mind.