A Happy COVID Story

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I had a bit of a think whilst walking Albert, Now im glad Dave is ok but the worry now must be How long does he have to stay Distanced from his Gert ? does it just go away after his self isolation ? or is it inevitable Mrs Webster will get it off him at some point ?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Probably have it by now if she was going to catch it. But then again she might just get on with it and not cause a
scene 😉. Likes been said. Some have it and only have it mild. Maybe a bad head. Or just a runny nose.
It’s probably a stat we need to know off the government.
How many full households have had it. ?
Can 1 out of a family get it and other somehow don’t. ? When it’s 1 of the most contagious virus there ever been ?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
How will they know how many households have had it,what purpose would it serve and is any time/money sent doing thing's like that not better used elsewhere?

Unless you test every household it's a meaningless exercise.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's not something that hasn't crossed our minds, but we'll cross that path if it comes to it, she's had more than her fair share of illnesses over the years but luckily always pulled through.

Not a subject for discussion on the forum though if you don't mind.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
From what I can gather the only test worth it's while is a test to show if you have had it, ie built up immunity against it, not the test to see if you have it at that moment in time. This test is too inaccurate as is being found across several countries, but then again the test for antibodies has been withdrawn due to unreliablitiy.

62tucker

Site Supporter
How will they know how many households have had it,what purpose would it serve and is any time/money sent doing thing's like that not better used elsewhere?

Unless you test every household it's a meaningless exercise.
What I mean is if 1 from a house had tested positive does or has everyone had it or get it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
My sister knows of a couple, the woman caught it, tested positive, recovered. Her husband caught it, got taken to hospital in an ambulance three times, tested negative. Work that one out.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
My sister knows of a couple, the woman caught it, tested positive, recovered. Her husband caught it, got taken to hospital in an ambulance three times, tested negative. Work that one out.
The tests cant be reliable then Dave so I would say the best test is look out for symptoms temperature caugh e.c.t so glad you pulled through

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Do you have any ideas where/when you might have picked it up mate?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Thing is Tuck you could have someone in the house who has tested positive and the rest negative.
Test again the next day and all could be positive.

It would be just producing stats for the sake of it.

62tucker

Site Supporter
The tests must be rubbish

62tucker

Site Supporter
When will we every get back to a normal life.
They on about a vaccine but how will that work if the tests are rubbish

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
No test can be 100% accurate and some will have bodies that just don't provide results,

In the bad old days of drink driving I worked with a guy who passed 6 breathalyser tests and he was well over every time.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It appears that about 30% of the negative results are false-negatives.

Rather worrying when people may be carrying it but tested negative, or as could have been in my case people with it are told their results are negative so they come out of isolation immediately whilst still in the infectious stage. I didn't.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Do you have any ideas where/when you might have picked it up mate?
That's a very hard one because everything you touch food packaging parcels letters fuel pumps the list is endless . I wipe everything down but it's easy to miss any off the little btards All you can do is your best and hope and pray but keep isolating as much as possible and keep doing other things to keep your mind if it and be happy every day you show no symptoms . It's always going to be at the back of your mind but we all need distractions to keep compas menta

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I suppose the only answer is to vaccinate everyone regardless if they've had it or not

Whisker

Site Supporter
I saw this post last night and didn't respond because you specifically stated you didn't want "an onslaught of 'get well soon' posts".

My next thought was a direct PM, but that would still be a 'get well soon' post, and besides, you prolly have a thousand other PM's to sift through.
So, after giving it some more thought, here we are... I hope you get well soon Dave! :waving:

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
If you believe the Chinese and trust them again the answer might lie in the number of mutations the virus has gone through reported by a number of news outlets there could be up to 33 mutations.
Which given how virile this virus is supposed to be could be a possibility

Therefore one test may not pick up all these mutations.