A guide to fishing on the cheap.

Luckyluca

Cirtainly cheap mate, 5:50 for 20kgs same price for the pellets.
I will give some a try, in the margins, in a feeder, and if poss on a method feeder. Then let you know how I get on.

MALC

Originally posted by Luckyluca

Have you used layers mash Sven? Any tips?

Steve

DONT over wet and let it go hard as it sets like concrete and you wont rescue it without cooking it dry in the oven.[;)]

Brilliant as a clouding feed for fishing the Bagging Wagg as it leaves a milky cloud.

Good on a method when mixed 50/50 with crushed hemp.

Been using it for over 20 years as well as layers pellets.[:T]

Luckyluca

I bought some Birdseed in Lidl this week. I'm happy with how to prepare it, just wondered if anyone puts adatives in the soaking water?
I was considering Chilli or molasses,
Any thoughts please?

svenc

London Blanker NOT
DSC02661.jpg

Like this stuff???? I just simmer for 45 Min's odd then leave overnight. Unsure on the sunflower seeds so took 95% out to feed the birds when they floated, checked the rest after boiling and they had gone really soft so they seem fine to keep in.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Feed this little and often and get those roach feeding on the wheat, picks off the bigger ones for sure, size 18 or 20 barbed is what I use.

Luckyluca

Think I might have to knock some up for the weekend. I will probably add a few handfuls of hemp and a little chilli kick.
Cheers Sven

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Alpha Feeds Purchase Vitalin
NORTH Nottinghamshire-based pet food manufacturer Alpha Feeds have purchased the business of Kennel Nutrition Ltd in Administration, well known for the Vitalin brand of dry petfoods.

All the Vitalin stock and packaging from the Ripon-based business has been moved to the Alpha Feeds site at Retford and the systems are already in place to fulfil customer orders and manufacture stock.

Alpha Feeds Managing Director Ryck Turner said: Were delighted to have purchased such a prestigious and long established brand. Our initial plan is to provide complete continuity and operate the Vitalin business as normal. We will manufacture exactly the same tried and tested products, using the same traditional manufacturing techniques and highest quality ingredients at the same extremely competitive price.

The Alpha and Vitalin brands will be kept very separate and will stand alone with discreet development plans which will be made over time as we look to move them both forward by building on their relative strengths.

The purchase of the Vitalin brand and their business is a very exciting chapter for us and we will be doing everything we can to ensure distributor and stockist requirements are met so that they can service their loyal Vitalin customers.

The Vitalin range is well known for its traditional muesli diets including Vitalin Royale, Vitalin Gold Menu and Vitalin Original and the more recently developed Lifestage range including Vitalin Adult, Vitalin Sensitive, Vitalin Senior/Lite and Vitalin Puppy Plus as well as Vitalin Ferret and Vitapurr premium cat food.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Barry were you trying to put me into an early grave????? lol

Taken off the alphafeeds website. Phew panic over and heartbeat near normal!!!!!!

jevs

I always buy a big bag of canary seed when im ever in places like jollies. I find that if soaked for 48 hours in a warm place, it starts to ferment nicely and works a treat in a mixed particle mix alongside pellets, hemp, vitalin and corn. Add a bit of molasses and even some cod liver oil and any flavourings you want...strawberry crusha milkshake, evaporated milk etc etc

svenc

London Blanker NOT
No I dont know of any american version but it should be fairly simple to make your own using the base ingredients that should be part of many animal feeds.

On a Side note I am going to be experimenting over the summer with some new ideas. I have a new lease on life and am going to start a blog when I have moved house (Next week) into my fishing antics and ill cut and paste some bits onto here over the summer so watch this space.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
No I dont know of any american version but it should be fairly simple to make your own using the base ingredients that should be part of many animal feeds.

On a Side note I am going to be experimenting over the summer with some new ideas. I have a new lease on life and am going to start a blog when I have moved house (Next week) into my fishing antics and ill cut and paste some bits onto here over the summer so watch this space.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
All moved in and raring to go now. I have been prebaiting for a few weeks now. I have at least 6 specific spots plus around another 14 odd swims marked on my map. I have walked miles and miles in some atrotious conditions but its been a real eye opener to me. I know the prebaiting is working because the fish have started to make clear patches.

I have been using wild birdseed and its certainly getting eaten. I boiled up some country soup mix from sainsburys the other day and that had all disappeared. My wormery is all set to go now. Just need a few drier days to dig the vegetable patch.

I can walk all the way to the thames from here and when the river season kicks in, all my spare time will be taken up by cracking the local canal. I know theres some decent fish in there. I just need to put my hard work to some fruition. The river cross connects with it in some really stunning ways. Ill post some pics for you over the weekend.

Towpath Tyke

1) Frozen Corn
2) Liquidized frozen corn (add condensed or carnation milk)
3) Coconut milk
4) Fresh chilli & fresh coriander
5) Dried spices
6) Polish processed meats (Asda)
7) Pre-made Polenta (meat punch)
8) Worms (free from local cricket club)
9) Bread punch
10) Soups (oxtail [:T])
11) Red bull or supermarket own in groundbait for Bream
12) Salad prawns 1.50
13)Supermarket own biscuits - liquidised!
14) Tuna (add to groundbait)
15) Jelly sweets
16) Dog biscuits
17) Liquidised cat/dog biscuits - method mix
18) Brisket steak/mince beef - Chub
19) Bought pastry - add Yorkshire blue cheese & anchovies
20) Milk shake juice - pump your pellets in it!
[:T][:T][:T]