A Good Nights Sleep

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Well guys here is a honest review of summat we got just before xmas,

I gotta admit i have slept a lot better since this purchase.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I don't care if it's got a mattress in it, I still don't fancy sleeping in a box. :)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
When it came in the box I thought they’d sent us a single, but hey how comfy it is ?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I can only dream of a good nights sleep :)

Mate the trouble I’ve had with my neck and shoulder has settled down a lot since we got this, also I sleep more or less straight through maybe wake once for a slash ?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
We bought an Emma one about a year ago which is very similar. It has made a huge difference. We really sleep well on it and I have a lot less aches and pains. We also got memory foam pillows and they really help too.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Earplugs every night for me if I remember. Much better sleep with them in. And for some reason I dream less which is a major thing fo walking me up. Been bad with man flu and had rubbish sleeps since Boxing Day. Other night with earplugs in I slept 12 hrs solid with earplugs in. Body must of needed it. Daughter thought I was dead as dog was crying to be on my bed and I never woke up

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
tips for a good night's kip without spending £700 on a new matress....

1, don't drink tea or coffee after 8pm

2, leave tech like phones, PC's and tablets alone at least an hour before you turn in

3, have the bedroom cooler than the rest of the house

4, have the windows slightly open to let some fresh air into the room

5, read a few pages of a book to take your mind off the day

6, eat dinner early where you can, eating late means your body has still to process the proteins and keeps you awake

7, early nights don't mean extra sleep, go to bed around 10.30ish... earlier if you are up early (before 7am) in the morning

8, aim to get 7 to 8 hours kip and plan accordingly

9, do a few stretches to get the knots out of your body, you'll sleep more comfortably.....

I used to do some of these when I was working a 3 shift rota... nights. afternoons and days... shift work is a killer and it takes a while to get your sleep patterns right... the above helped me... hope it helps you

62tucker

Site Supporter
tips for a good night's kip without spending £700 on a new matress....

1, don't drink tea or coffee after 8pm

2, leave tech like phones, PC's and tablets alone at least an hour before you turn in

3, have the bedroom cooler than the rest of the house

4, have the windows slightly open to let some fresh air into the room

5, read a few pages of a book to take your mind off the day

6, eat dinner early where you can, eating late means your body has still to process the proteins and keeps you awake

7, early nights don't mean extra sleep, go to bed around 10.30ish... earlier if you are up early (before 7am) in the morning

8, aim to get 7 to 8 hours kip and plan accordingly

9, do a few stretches to get the knots out of your body, you'll sleep more comfortably.....

I used to do some of these when I was working a 3 shift rota... nights. afternoons and days... shift work is a killer and it takes a while to get your sleep patterns right... the above helped me... hope it helps you

Worst shift I did was 4:35 pm to 2am. Monday to Friday. Body never knew where it was.

Arry

Site Supporter
did back shifts for a short while... the company ditched them after sickness spiked on those shifts....

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Have a bottle of tonic water by the bed and have a glug before hitting the pillow. Wife says it's the quinine that stops cramps. Definitely works for us.
Yeah - I'd already been told about tonic. I often have a gin & tonic before I come home. Be a shame to waste a bottle of tonic without putting a gin in it. :)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Mate the trouble I’ve had with my neck and shoulder has settled down a lot since we got this, also I sleep more or less straight through maybe wake once for a slash ?
Nothing really helps me I have sleep apnea. Have the face mask but wake up with a mouth like the Sarah desert about 10 times a night

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Nothing really helps me I have sleep apnea. Have the face mask but wake up with a mouth like the Sarah desert about 10 times a night

Not nice at all mate, i had a lad on a job last year tiling looked like Death warmed up, he couldnt fall asleep and sometimes been awake for 2 - 3 days on end. If he dozed of at snap time we used to leave him.

62tucker

Site Supporter
You can get a strap to stop snoring but what it does is keep your mouth shut so your not catching flies. Ie dry gob.

Arry

Site Supporter
My missus snores like a B'stid, so I got her one of those funny plastic gumshields that's supposed to stop the snoring... it sort of works didn't stop it... but quietened it down a fair bit... I sleep a bit better now too

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I got our Gert a gum shield as well, she dont snore no more and it saves her teeth from been Knocked out ;);)

Dusty

I’ve been doing shifts for 2 years now and I’ve never slept better. A lot of people I know really struggle but I don’t mind them at all.

I’m sure it will catch up with me when I’m older but I’ll enjoy it whilst it lasts.