A Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Having suggested this, I'll start the ball rolling with my experience of

AA Angling Supplies
Having read the the Test results on Poles under 300 in Improve Your Coarse Fishing I was keen to get the Shimano Technium priced at 269.00 rec ret.
Local tackle shop hadnt got stock, so I phoned around all the mail order Companies I could find on monday 26th Nov and the best price was 190.00 from AA Angling. Also Daniel was extremely helpful and on my enquiring as to the spare top 2s strength for dealing with the Hallcroft carp, agreed with me that a top 3 with elastic running through all 3 sections would be better,although this meant the top 3 coming folded. Also an extra top 3 section carries an RRP of 29.99, but he did it for me at 20, making the deal just 210 for a Pole with top 2 elasticated to number 6 and a top 3 elasticated to number 12and he did the elastication foc.
I also wanted a Shimano Nexave match reel which he reduced from 38.99 to 29.99. I paid 5.50 for quick delivery and got every thing on wednesday 28th.
Proudly I went off to the Stafford fish-in with it and you may have read earlier, not only did I manage to break my old 14ft match rod in setting up, but stood on and smashed my new no 2 section on tackling down!!!
So back on the phone to Daniel on Monday the 3rd. A new top kit 2 elasticated up to no6 and a second to no.8 at 25.00 each. A top 3 folded kit elasticated to no 16 at 45.00 and a Hyperloop 420FA 14ft rod reduced from 49.99 to 38.99 asap please. None in stock, but he could get within 2 days and then get elastication done dependant on delivery to him.
On the thursday, whilst fishing, I received a mobile call from Daniel,everything done, but been let down on the Hyperloop420, would I be prepared to pay another 5 and have a Catana420FA instead? As the Catana is priced at 79.99 and I was getting it for 43.99,I agreed straight away.
Phoned on friday to check delivery and found Daniel upset as with trying to contact me he had missed the Overnight delivery! Dont worry, I'll make it up and send some bits he said.
1st post monday morning I received a Jiffy bag containing 3x10 hooks, 18,20 and 22,Preston slip lubricant (priced @2.99) 10x anchorsand 10 swivels.
The goods arrived A1 at midday by Parcelforce.
Now you may all be able to beat this deal, but I was absolutely delighted with the price,service and helpfulness of both Daniel and Ian who also runs the place.
If you would like to mention this firm to anyone, or try them yourselves (you can use my experience as a reference, so they don't charge you more!) then the address is
AA Angling Supplies Ltd.
Ellough Industrial Estate
Beccles,
Suffolk,
01502 713379/713566
www.aaangling.co.uk
Any contact, please give them my thanks again (mind you they probably love clumsy b-----ds like me).

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
I was down in Suffolk at the weekend and popped in to Birds Tackle shop at Great Blakenham, which somebody mentioned inhere a while ago.
Well impressed! Great display of Stock on 2 floors and lotsa reduced bargain type deals.
I,ve entrerd them on the Tackle Dealers site, they are on-line as well.

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

jlw

Hi Ziptrev I dont know if there is anyone from the yeovil or somerset area on this forum, but when i was in the Womans Royal Navy, The chief who was in charge of me left and started his own angling centre.

Its called the Yeovil and District Angling Centre 27/29 Forest Hill Yeovil Somerset.(0935)76777.

He is a great guy who owns it and he knows his fishing too.

I moved away from yeovil about 10 years ago but still keep in touch with him and his wife.

If there is anyone who lives in the area give him a try and just say an ex jenny wrn who lives up north told you about it he will know who you mean.

regards JLW

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev

Birds tackle eh?
S'#funny you should mention that cos one of the lads i used to talk to on paltalk works there & he was busy working on their website the last time we spoke.

Here's the link to it
click here

Alan
You've just been moderated

Status
Not open for further replies.