A Forum Hiatus

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I've always enjoyed your posts, so I hope you return at some point. I hope you're fishing continues to go well. These days I try to avoid the Clubhouse or the Politics room. I just enjoy the fishing banter. Fair play for telling us why you aren't going to be posting. It stops us from wondering what happened to you. Tight lines.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Why not just put the political section on ignore and carry on posting as normal
That’s exactly what I did Arry. I strongly recommend it @Zerkalo mate. Just have a couple of days off and then come back gently. We will really miss you if you stop posting. You have contributed some absolutely great threads and I have enjoyed them a great deal. If you say something a bit daft everyone will forget it in no time. Very few people agree with my left wing views but it doesn’t make them think any less of me in general. People remember all the good stuff you have contributed.

I can understand that the forum can affect your mental health but putting the politics thread on ignore helps immensely.

PM me anytime you want to I am always around if you fancy a chat.

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Before anyone else says it,
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out :upthumb:?,take care and have a good Christmas ?
Don’t you take a break Sky. You’ll never find your way back. 🤣

Sad Zerkalo but, if it’s for the best then we’re all with ya pal. It’ll all be here when you get back. Mr Spence will have a couple more cans of WD40. Wise Owl will still be a nutcase. Dave and Peter will continue their one pound tug of war. Total and myself will continue hijacking threads. Chefster and Neil might get married. Who knows but, we’ll all welcome you back mate. You stay safe. 👍

Total

Site Supporter
I'll be doing a flounce shortly :D

Please make sure your dressed appropriately before said 'flounce'...Thank you....:oops:;)

....Enters stage left, pirouettes graciously, bows and accepts applause before walking into Rive box! ....Dah, Dahhhh! :love::p

JayD

I thought about going quietly but everyone on here has been so kind, tolerant and supportive to me since I started posting I thought I'd offer an explanation as to why I'm going to take a break from posting for a while.

It's not because of anything anyone has said, more to do with stuff I have started to say if anything haha. I have loved my time posting here but unfortunately I need to take a break. Reading the 'politics' room although well natured, all that stuff exacerbates problems with my mental health. It's not just that though, I feel like I have been posting too much and should take a break, having been one of the most active posters since I joined. As Schwarzenegger said in Terminator though, I'll be back and hope to catch up with some of you on the bank soon.

Thanks for making my stay a good one and tight lines. (y)
I'm sorry to read this, but can understand what you're saying. It's sometimes easy to get carried away, and post just for the sake of it, then have regrets later. I was the same when I first found angling forums. Now I write, read, and think before posting, then delete almost as many as I post.
I rarely post in the political sections, I find them a bit depressing too. I hope that your absence will be a short one, I do enjoy reading your posts, and it brings back memories of a time when I was as enthusiastic as you seem. Take Care.

I've noticed that the mortar in the brickwork of the wall that's used for 'high peeing' competitions in the political section, is starting to get eroded, from the constant drenching it gets. Do we have any builders on board that are up to a bit of grouting?;)
I had to smile when I saw, 'my political beliefs are better than yours' posts were surpassed by a couple of, 'my confirmation bias posts are better than yours'! 🤪 :D

John.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I thought about going quietly but everyone on here has been so kind, tolerant and supportive to me since I started posting I thought I'd offer an explanation as to why I'm going to take a break from posting for a while.

It's not because of anything anyone has said, more to do with stuff I have started to say if anything haha. I have loved my time posting here but unfortunately I need to take a break. Reading the 'politics' room although well natured, all that stuff exacerbates problems with my mental health. It's not just that though, I feel like I have been posting too much and should take a break, having been one of the most active posters since I joined. As Schwarzenegger said in Terminator though, I'll be back and hope to catch up with some of you on the bank soon.

Thanks for making my stay a good one and tight lines. (y)
Stay safe and enjoy your 'downtime' and come back recharged and refreshed!

bluemack

Site Supporter
OK,OK i take it back you ain,t weird,you actually come across as a really decent sort and i like most will miss
your posts,so think again mate,if you go i,ll have to take the P out of someone else.:devilish:.
Whatever you do mate,good luck and have a great xmas.(y)(y) K.R.O

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Don’t you take a break Sky. You’ll never find your way back. 🤣

Sad Zerkalo but, if it’s for the best then we’re all with ya pal. It’ll all be here when you get back. Mr Spence will have a couple more cans of WD40. Wise Owl will still be a nutcase. Dave and Peter will continue their one pound tug of war. Total and myself will continue hijacking threads. Chefster and Neil might get married. Who knows but, we’ll all welcome you back mate. You stay safe. 👍
"Sky" ????
Have you been at Morris the Moles whisky 🥃?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I did think of pulling @tipitinmick about it but the poor bugger is suffering that much stress about not being able to get to his favourite peg,day after day after day l thought it might just be a bit too much for him 😂😂
Still suffering 12 months on from carrying your gear. What have you got in that holdall ? A dead body ? Don’t answer that. 🤣🤣

afternoon Steve. 😘

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
"Sky" ????
Have you been at Morris the Moles whisky 🥃?
Nah. He’s like Sly he’s a JD drinker. I’m more upmarket. I’m more your Glenmorangie / Glenfiddich drinker. I sometimes wonder if Morris originates from Sheffield. 😳🤣

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Still suffering 12 months on from carrying your gear. What have you got in that holdall ? A dead body ? Don’t answer that. 🤣🤣

afternoon Steve. 😘
I would have thought a young strapping lad like yourself would have had no problems 🤔😂
Good afternoon to you too, hope all is well with you and yours :upthumb: 🙂