A Forum Hiatus

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
See you in the morning :waving:

Seriously, no one is forced to stay, however some may be forced to go ;)

Have a good one, stay safe, keep in touch (y)

nejohn

Site Supporter
Although I do look at the politics threads and sometimes post I tend to avoid looking if things are starting to get petty and also try to avoid the obvious baited hooks from some members. Your posts in the fishing and club house sections will certainly be missed, but take your break, have lots of mince pies and come back when you are ready

62tucker

Site Supporter
Maybe the site needs something like the gambling sites. A limit on posting ?. Obviously set by oneself or the mods

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I thought about going quietly but everyone on here has been so kind, tolerant and supportive to me since I started posting I thought I'd offer an explanation as to why I'm going to take a break from posting for a while.

It's not because of anything anyone has said, more to do with stuff I have started to say if anything haha. I have loved my time posting here but unfortunately I need to take a break. Reading the 'politics' room although well natured, all that stuff exacerbates problems with my mental health. It's not just that though, I feel like I have been posting too much and should take a break, having been one of the most active posters since I joined. As Schwarzenegger said in Terminator though, I'll be back and hope to catch up with some of you on the bank soon.

Thanks for making my stay a good one and tight lines. (y)
Thats a shame Zerkalo ,i find a lot of your posts a breath of fresh air ,dont be away too long . As has been said just ignore the politics room or put anyone on ignore that you dont see eye to eye with . Merry Christmas ? happy new year .

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Thats a shame Zerkalo ,i find a lot of your posts a breath of fresh air ,dont be away too long . As has been said just ignore the politics room or put anyone on ignore that you dont see eye to eye with . Merry Christmas ? happy new year .
Ive sussed you out ,youve got a rep job with some company whos colour is orange ? ? lol

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Don't take anything too seriously as it is only the internet anyway nothing serious like real life.
Consider this ...just how bland life would be if everybody liked the same things and toed the same lines all the time, life is not like that at all because we might share a love of angling in some form certainly does not mean we share similar views on everything.
One of the reasons that Facebook has lost some popularity is that its pretty much unmoderated and lots of people get away with lies and personal attacks but a forum like this is moderated and the bad stuff is weeded out and removed but there has to be some more controversial stuff allowed through to provide some flavour in the non angling sections and if you don't like the taste move on to something else.
People join and use forums for lots of reasons sometimes to gain information or give information sometimes because they are lonely and wish to feel part of something or sometimes they just have nothing better to do so just take it all in and embrace what is good to you and discard what is not.
2009-11-23 17.22.28.jpg

stephenk

Site Supporter
Enjoy your break and come back when time is right for you.

Always enjoyed your posts.

Take care 👍

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Take care Steve, hopefully get to come join you again on the middle Severn next year :D

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Evening Squire I for one am going to miss hearing about your Barbel and weir expedtions.

Have been through Depression myself snd know how mentally exhausting that can be. If you ever need a chat feel free to PM me.

In the meantime look after yourself and have a great Christmas & New Year.

All the best

Kevin

drw

Site Supporter
Best wishes Zerkalo stay safe and come back soon mate. Life’s too short

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
We will miss you buddy. Don't forget, the futures bright, the futures orange👍👍👍

squimp

Site Supporter
Anybody who can mention Andrea Dworkin on a fishing website has my upmost admiration !

Come back soon; we will miss you.