A Forum Hiatus

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I thought about going quietly but everyone on here has been so kind, tolerant and supportive to me since I started posting I thought I'd offer an explanation as to why I'm going to take a break from posting for a while.

It's not because of anything anyone has said, more to do with stuff I have started to say if anything haha. I have loved my time posting here but unfortunately I need to take a break. Reading the 'politics' room although well natured, all that stuff exacerbates problems with my mental health. It's not just that though, I feel like I have been posting too much and should take a break, having been one of the most active posters since I joined. As Schwarzenegger said in Terminator though, I'll be back and hope to catch up with some of you on the bank soon.

Thanks for making my stay a good one and tight lines. (y)

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
you will be back, real life gets in the way but we will still be here when you come back, ive done this a few times and even for a couple of years but its like a circle that never breaks, one thing i will say is dont read things that may mess your head up, i personally leave the politics room well alone as some of the things (well a lot of the things) written would set me off left, right and center!

cant believe i joined this place over 18 years ago now!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Sad to see you go mate don’t be too long! Your contributions on here really display the infectious enthusiasm for fishing that we can all relate to ??

Total

Site Supporter
@Zerkalo ....Am sad to read this Mr Zerkalo but you know your tolerances better than us.

Always found your posts a pleasure to read and enjoyed the conversations with you.

Have a break and return refreshed. Until then, all the very best to you and yours....Be safe....:)(y)

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Sad to see you taking a break - you’ve been a great help to me since I joined.

You must do what’s best for you so have a safe and blessed Christmas & new year and we’ll see you when we see you

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I had a bit of a furlough from MDs when real life dictated it be so. But I came back after things improved.
Take it easy. Take care of yourself. We'll see you when you return. (y)

2ts

Site Supporter
Will miss your varied but intresting input,don't be gone too long,stay safe (y).

SeanB

Site Supporter
As has already been said, I've always enjoyed reading your posts and the obvious joy and excitement that you get from your fishing, but you have to look after yourself, the forum will still be here when you are ready to return.
Take care and we will be glad to see you when you're ready to come back.
Have a great Christmas ???

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Too much of a good thing can spoil your appetite, likewise this site, a short break particularly from the politics room, which I seldom look at, will bring you back refreshed.

Take care, stay safe and tight lines.

ATTICUS FINCH

As Arry has said ignore the politics thread ,I do as I can't be arsed to get involved with petty arguing about nothing we can personally do anything about.
Don't stay away too long as we need to know how your aquarium fish ( your chub in the Weir pool) are doing, tight lines mate and I'm sure you will be lurking in the background resisting the urge to blister your fingers posting again.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Before anyone else says it,
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out :upthumb:?,take care and have a good Christmas ?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
You have to do what's right for you fella.
The forum is one of those constants that's here to dip in and out of as you please and sometimes a step back is required as with many things in life and you'll be welcomed back as and when it feels right for you.
Have a great Christmas and take care. :upthumb: