A fishing mystery solved

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Ever fished an open end feeder and wound in and the hooklength has mysteriously gone through the feeder?

This video explains it (starts at the right point). The underwater videos also confirm it that your hook will often land very close to the feeder and sometimes land bang on it and go through it.

:)

Silver fan 82

Ever fished an open end feeder and wound in and the hooklength has mysteriously gone through the feeder?

This video explains it (starts at the right point). The underwater videos also confirm it that your hook will often land very close to the feeder and sometimes land bang on it and go through it.

Watched this last night. A good video.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I first saw it on the Matrix Submerged videos. It explains it but it’s still surprising how often it happens.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Happened quite a lot to me in Ireland over 25 years ago - found a solution

Total

Site Supporter
Here's another one, over the years l have played and landed skimmers that are fairly and squarely lassoed, not hooked at all anywhere.
Interesting you saying the above Mick..... (y) .....When that has happened to me it has always when I've been fishing my deep docks or silly depth reservoirs.....:unsure:(y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

Interesting ,stop it by using a twiszled boom 💥 , have had it happen a few times

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I've had a hook go through some "things" of a highly personal nature on the odd occasion resulting in an immediate stocktake - no details are available!

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
Interesting you saying the above Mick..... (y) .....When that has happened to me it has always when I've been fishing my deep docks or silly depth reservoirs.....:unsure:(y)
Yes mate but l've also had a few from my local club pond, 4-5ft deep.

Irishhybrids

I thought reading the title , it was you had gone fishing and enjoyed your day without needing acceptance and being told everything then questioning the very thing you asked , then I watched the video, nothing to ground breaking..

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter

👍Always enjoy Cadence’s videos, they are always interesting. James tactics always seem simple and straight forward. Sometimes I watch other anglers and I feel overwhelmed at just the thought of replicating their setup.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Like most things angling related very little is actually groundbreaking,most in one form or another has been done before and videos are just whoever is "flavour at the time"

Sometimes think we get too wrapped up in what others are doing and stop thinking and trying for ourselves.