A Few Hours After Stockton....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Yesterday evening after every one else had left The Blue Lias Pub after the Stockton Match, Martin, Nick and Scott decided to have a bash on the boards on the 6mtr line to see if they could catch a Carp or 2.[:)][:)]

So Steve and myself said get some gear then and well watch and help.[;)][;)]

All Steve and me done was grabbed a bucket of Pellets a bit of Paste and some Catmeat (and some proper hooks) [;)][;)] and off we trotted.[:D]

Well it took about 20 mins for the first bite to appear and plenty of banter was getting thrown around as Nick, Martin and Scott missed a few bites on both Catmeat and Paste.

And below is the result of a couple of hours fun in good company.[8D]

Martin was a little surprised when this 6oz Tench took his
double Catmeat on a size 10 Method Hook
Datafile4.jpg

But then Martin tested his new margin pole out on this nice Mirror (thats more like it)
Datafile4.jpg

Nick tested his margin Pole out first with this Chub
Datafile4.jpg

Then the next fish fought back
Datafile4.jpg

And this was the result.. A nice Mirror
Datafile4.jpg

Scott joined in the fun with this Common
Datafile4.jpg

Same fish but taken with the flash to show how different the effect is
Datafile4.jpg

Personally I like this picture of the BIG Smile on Nicks face after getting his Mirror on the Pole
Datafile4.jpg

Cheers to Nick, Martin and Scott for a good laugh for a few hours after a good day.[:D][:D][:D]

All in all I think Saturday was one of the best days Ive had in a long while with plenty of laughs and good company.

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
And heres the same pics but brightend up a bit

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

Lurverlyy looking fish lads, looks like you had some great fun, just a shame i couldn't be there to ruin it all for you [:D]

Alan
Datafile3.asp

ken age 63

' Gin & Tonic '
I dont kmow Trogg, you didnt do bad on the pics,lol

A river is water in its loveliest form ;;

MALC

[;)][;)]Cheers Troggy i was getting a bit bored after sorting through over 200 pictures that gemma and myself took on Saturday.

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Polepot

Poles
I would just like to thank both Malc and Steve for staying back, it was great fun. Using shark hooks for carp is certainly a new experience to me.

Poles

wales.gif
Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners
fish.gif

martin.

Account Locked
yes it was great of Malc & Steve i enjoyed it completly & it rounded off a brilliant day.
What malc failed to mention was my carp was foulhooked just below the tail & was not in a very good mood but it tested the new daiwa margin pole well.
thanks again

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
www.fishingvenuesuk.co.uk

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
200 pics!!!!!!!! flamin hell Malc what are you trying to do? get in the guiness book of records for photographing the same fish again & again?? [:D]

If i take more than 10 pics i think i've taken to many LOL.

Alan
Datafile3.asp
Datafile4.asp

Larry

Lazarus
Nice fish lad's &photos
22 to go

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

scott essery

'Silver man'
I have to agree with Malc, Saturday was THE BEST days fishing ive had in years! [:D] I had a few bites, beat a guy off the next peg (being Lester didnt make it any more satisfying honest [;)] ) the team did MD proud and by a cruel twist of the JINX and an escapologist rud (DD. DIRK!!!!) we nearly won.

Having heard from Steve and Malc just how easy the carp are to catch after 7pm and after 10 minutes theyll be going crazy on the 6m line, I persuaded the Rud Masters Martin and Nick to have a few hours under the tutelage of the two Ronnies.

We plonked ourselves on pegs 9,8 and 7 on the boards and within 30 mins Martins swim resembled a Jacuzzi full of bean eating rugby players. Unfortunately he was getting frustrated by the lack of crunching bites and resorted to sitting on an upturned bucket and East Anglian gnome impression to lull the carp into a false sense of security. As you can see from the pics it worked!

In the meantime, the Marxs brothers enlightened me and nick to the Rugby method of paste fishing! It certainly was an eye opener and Nick said what I was thinking when Malc showed me the now infamous Mustard Method Hook I didnt know they made hooks that big! BIG, ive worked in a butchers and the meat hooks used to hang a side of beef arent as sturdy as them. No wonder Malc doesnt have any problems keeping paste on the hook.

Nick did well taking the advices of Steve the destroyer Wilson but found the most effective method of buying a bite was sparking up a cigar .sorted!

I was determined to get a b***dy carp and as you can see from the pics, I think it was about 9.30 when a 7lb common decided to snaffle Malcs secret paste. It didnt fight as well as Martin or Nicks fish but its the biggest lump ive landed on my pole and proves there ARE carp in Stockton!! [:)]

Thanks Malc, Steve and Gem for stopping on until gone 10pm and giving me some confidence with pellet and paste fishing.

It was a GREAT way to round off a superb day.[:p] [:D] [:p]

The Rudd Meister [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.