Not open for further replies.

kingkarper

can anybody reccomend a heavy feeder rod under 50 pound and a reel under 30

(just moving post to Tackle Talk- Dave)

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve M

Site Supporter
Hi Kingkarper,
as far as the rod is concerned, I bought a 14ft Zebco Rhino heavy feeder rod last year at Chatsworth Angling show.I know it is a bit over your budget, but I paid 65. (less than list price)
It is a bit heavy in weight,but its not often you hold a feeder rod for any time.
For the price I think it is a great rod for launching big feeders/method a distance and landing decent fish.It is also supplied with a good selection of tips.
Cheers.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I've got the 13ft Rhino Feeder and have just noticed an advert in todays Angling Times (North West Angling Centre). They're doing the 13ft Feeder rod for 69.95 (RRP 110, which is what I paid a year ago [:(!]) amd bunging in a free reel (Crypton 440RD).

I've no idea what the reel is like but I'm sure somebody on here will know.

The only other suggestion re a reel is to have a look at the Okuma range, they seem to be the best value reels on the market at the moment.

Tight Lines

Simon R

carpbob3

i would go for an Okuma Reel .... look at the dynadrag / epix range (i got a dynadrag 50 for 19.99)

Where abouts in yorkshire are you ?

if your not fishing your not living

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

Hi there ---- Go to www.wmac.co.uk.....they have a Pro performance 12ft Pro performance grahite feeder rod 2 tips medium and heavy plus Okuma Genic feeder reel with 2 spools....RRP 134...Selling for 69.99..l use Pro performance got the 11m pole..13ft match rod..12ft avon rod.....power feeder and a 12ft specimen.2.5tc...

Great gear at great prices....[^][^][^]

MOOKSTER....[:D][:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.