A day's tuition with who ?

baggy

Mark Saunders
I know I posted earlier in the thread but if it was the ultimate days fishing possible probably Stevie Gardener. Also I would have loved to have had a day fishing with Jan Porter and Ivan. I’ve been lucky to watch both Steve and Jan fish once and it was amazing.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Funny story with @Dave and @Peter. We were fishing Steaks Cancer Gig and the Nugget was at stake. A barby at half time was called, i met up with Peter on my way round i said ya had much ? he said Yes a few but dont tell Dave, we met up with Dave near the Barby and as Peter was getting some Grub i said to Dave you had much ? he said Yes a few but dont tell Peter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

mbuna_matt

Dave Harrell for me I think, most my fishing is running water and his name springs to mind first!

Eddiepoolsfodder

Site Supporter
Right now. I would just be happy to get out and wet a line....
I agree but in an ideal world I would like a session with James Robbins and Alan Barnes on the river Ribble. Even better throw in Martin James and Dave Harrell. I would happily just sit and watch them fish and it would be worth years of my own practice as you never know if you are fishing well or otherwise. Could that 20lb bag of dace have been 40lb or perhaps a net of quality roach. Could I have been catching big chub instead or even barbel on the float. Just been looking through some catch pictures from this year and they all look similar - dace or bust pretty much. It would be really good to see a class angler and/or river expert fish the same swims and see what they do differently.

tincatim

Site Supporter
Once we’re out of lockdowns I’m tempted to book a session with Jamie Harrison. Mostly because he fishes venues near to me and I’m sure he’d help me to skip a few years of learning on the river Don. My next choice would be Alan Scotthorne, he’s also local and again he could teach me more in five hours than I’ve learnt in five years.

If I was still living in Shropshire then it would be Dave Harrell for sure.