A day's tuition with who ?

JLK

I was fishing for Barnsley juniors when at the age of 15 I won the Birdwell WMC aggregate. Dick came to present the prises. He asked me to fish a north east region match on the Yorkshire Ouse the following weekend for Barnsley. At 15 I was bricking it. Alan Hanson picked me up and gave me some tips as how it was fishing. I ended up winning my section with two pound odd. Guess who won the match overall ? ....... A certain Mr Scothorne. He was good back then. He won the Birdwell WMC aggregate at the age of 16 and Tony ( punky ) Peel would never let him live it down that I had won it at 15. ??.
Changed my mind now. Gonna go with Kim Milsom. I thought you were an accomplished superstar not a one hit wonder supersub ????

Nicky Dodds

Tipitinmick would be my choice.
Former Barnsley Black. Fished with the best of the best. He must be a walking encyclopedia of how to do it right on any venue. He's probably forgot more than I'll ever know. ??
He is an angling encyclopaedia indeed, also a very shrewd tactician. He knows I have slight hearing loss in my right ear so always sets up in the peg to my right. We'll be setting up and chatting away and his voice gets gradually lower so I end up sat behind him so as to continue the conversation. Then out of the blue he pipes up " right I'm ready".
So straight from the off I'm 30 minutes behind! I could give you his number so you can deal direct but tbh I'm reluctant to share!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
He is an angling encyclopaedia indeed, also a very shrewd tactician. He knows I have slight hearing loss in my right ear so always sets up in the peg to my right. We'll be setting up and chatting away and his voice gets gradually lower so I end up sat behind him so as to continue the conversation. Then out of the blue he pipes up " right I'm ready".
So straight from the off I'm 30 minutes behind! I could give you his number so you can deal direct but tbh I'm reluctant to share!
Bugger. I didn’t realised you’d sussed me out. I plonk myself to the right of you so that you can’t hear me dropping fish in my net. ??

Anyway .... talking of encyclopaedias. I don’t know anyone who knows more about fishing and fishing tackle than you do. I’ve not even heard of half the stuff you know about. I wish I had your brain. Like I’ve always said Nicky, you are the good angler, I’m just lucky. ??

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I wondered what the 'rusty blunt saws' on our Nicky's side tray were for....Thank you for sharing....:oops:
Yep, that’s why he keeps HIS ginger cake on his side tray to his left so he can hear anyone ( me ) creeping up for a piece Lovely guy Mark. Do anything for anyone. Give you his last but, do not touch his ginger cake. ??

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I'd go with either Jon Arthur, Jamie Hughes or Andy May, I think I'd learn a huge amount with a bit of coaching from any of them (amongst others)

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Billy lane, without a doubt. Used his tackle shop way back when I lived just outside Coventry. A local hero who had a magical ability to catch little at first but build his swim up to the point where he could win the match in the last hour. A great caster angler, and the maggots from his shop were second to none.

Won a fair bit in his time....

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Neil, you couldn’t beat an egg ?????, I’ll give you those couple of lucky flyers at the Banks on Tony’s knock-ups ???

Drawing fliers is what I could give tuition on. Wellingborough's fur and Feather on the river yesterday. Main river all but unfishable, I drew the lock cut. Third on the cut and fourth overall. Half bottle of brandy pocketed.