A day's tuition with who ?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I think Des Shipp or Bob Nudd but if he did coaching then Dickie Carr I think you would learn loads but it would be great fun too.
Had a couple of days With Dickie and his mate Chris Vandervleit ( Chris is the wife's cousin) Dickie's a legend... well into his 70's now and still fishing veterans matches locally... he still can't say "Gamakatsu"

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
When I turned 50 I decided to treat myself to some coaching days and initially spent three days with Ian Heaps to learn about commercial fishing, something I not previously done. Over the next few years I had two days with Bob Nudd (one day pole fishing, one day feeder), Andy Findlay (Method & Paste), Will Raison (Bloodworm & Joker) and Nick Larkin (a number of days on the Norfolk Broads, feeder, pole & float).

Recently since moving near Hereford I have had a few days out with Dave Roberts.

All have been great fun and the guys have been excellent company. The one thing I have found interesting on these days is not only their techniques and methods but most fascinating is the way they think, changing a setup, altering the feed rates etc whereas left to my own devices I'd plough on regardless!

Although not coaching days I still fish regularly with Mr Heaps, always a pleasure both for the fishing and the chat.

Going forward it would have to any of the following; Steve Ringer (feeder), Des Shipp (Any method), Mark Pollard (Bread on the fens), James Robbins (River). Of the younger chaps, Matt Godfrey, Lee Kerry or Rory Jones. The list is endless really as there are so many good anglers in many disciplines.

If I could chose my next day it would be another session on the Wye with Dave Roberts, a top chap and although a noted matchman, an all round angler.

smiffy

Site Supporter
Matchfishing? Steve Ringer and Des Shipp.
How i fish now? Martin Bowler.

Zerkalo

My days I had as a kid with Alan Scotthorne, Will Raison, Mark Downes and John Bailey are but a distant memory now.

I would love Martin Bowler or James Robbins to come and fish the weir I fish.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I hated my Parents but id Love another Day or 2 with my Late Father in law (y)

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
If there was one person I could believe would improve my fishing I would say Steve Ringer. He has a nice simple straightforward way of explaining things to numpties like me.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
If there was one person I could believe would improve my fishing I would say Steve Ringer. He has a nice simple straightforward way of explaining things to numpties like me.
And one of the Most approachable lads on the Circuit.

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Had a couple of days With Dickie and his mate Chris Vandervleit ( Chris is the wife's cousin) Dickie's a legend... well into his 70's now and still fishing veterans matches locally... he still can't say "Gamakatsu"
I know I have told this tale before but it still makes me smile. About 7 years ago I drew next to Dickie on an open match at Fennes, Braintree. As the match started he could see I was floundering about and basically told me how I should fish the peg. He chatted all through the match and with his help I won the match. Two weeks later I again drew next to him at the same venue. Dickie recognised me and in no uncertain terms told me I was on my own this time, or words to that effect and promptly went on to win and battered me well and truly. Karma!