A day's tuition with who ?

feldri

Site Supporter
As long as it was on canals or rivers, I'd like a session with Bob Nudd or Tommy Pickering. Would have picked Dickie Carr but would need an ex cockney there to translate for me. :)

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’m a bit too set in my ways for tuition. A day with Mick Brown would just be awesome though.

Silver fan 82

If you could take a mate for a day's tuition with an angler of your choice, which angler would you choose?

I think I'd pick either Steve Ringer or Rob Hughes
So many to choose from. I really like how Des Taylor approaches his fishing no matter what species he is fishing for. Andy May would be a good laugh.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Look no further than a couple of members on here. No matter what the species,venue or style of fishing they have all the answers ??

Ringer for feeder fishing.
Martin Bowler for all round.
Terry Hearn
Bob Roberts

commieboy257

Account Locked
Rob Hughes for me. Teach me how to find the right place to fish, how to survey the lake bed etc

squimp

Site Supporter
A top river match angler.

Eg, Dave Roberts, Hadrian Whittle, Dave Harrell etc etc.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Des Shipp for commercials.
Terry Hearn for carp specimen.
Dave Harrell for River general.
Steve Ringer for bream/tench.
If Scribe was busy and thus couldn't into detail on how to maintain a 100% session to catch rate, then Des Taylor or Steve Pope for Barbel.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Des Shipp or Jamie Hughes

I have learnt so much from their YouTube videos since inteturned to fishing a few months back & would 8magine a coaching session from them would be awesome.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Des Shipp for me. He is local and very good on rivers and commercials. A day on the Wye or SeVern with Dave Harrell or Adrian Whittle would be awesome.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
If you could take a mate for a day's tuition with an angler of your choice, which angler would you choose?

I think I'd pick either Steve Ringer or Rob Hughes
Another id like is Rob Wooton ,top angler .

alsur

Site Supporter
Wouldn't bother myself normally catch enough to keep me happy and don't fish many matches although I'm sure I would benefit from some coaching on commercials. I've been fortunate I worked for BT in London and there was an active Match Fishing club with a team league between areas, our team had a couple of very good match anglers one being one of top anglers of the time so I learnt a lot then, going from a pretty average pleasure angler to fishing open matches. Then I joined an up and coming team which also had some very good anglers and we all learnt a lot by pooling information and helping each other, best way to improve in my opinion.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Not even a day. Just one hour would do. If I could just have one more hour with my old tutors the late Frank Barlow, Eric Jacques and Roy Abson I’d die a very happy man. Eric and Roy took me under their wings when I was a child and Frank when I was in my teens. Frank took me from pools fodder to match winner. He put that extra 2 or 3lb in my net which allowed me to frame in a lot of those Long Higgin matches. RIP all three great men. ?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I want some casting lessons from @sly .
Advice on buying a complete match setup for under a tenner from @Neil ofthe nene .
Advice on getting my dog to behave when fishing from @Wise Owl .
Savings advice from @Dave .
Advice on making all my tackle match and how to set up a pole roost with a protractor and a laser level from @chefster .
Advice on emigrating somewhere warm and sunny from @Dave Spence .
A run through of the current Guru catalogue with @Zerkalo .

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Advice on buying a complete match setup for under a tenner from @Neil ofthe nene .
Advice on making all my tackle match and how to set up a pole roost with a protractor and a laser level from @chefster .

Mate Albert is so excited when we get to the Venue especially when he sees the Bed go up, he's like a Pizz head whos found a Case of Vodka. It teks him a couple of Hours and a Dozen Ballackings before he Comes to his senses :LOL: :LOL:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Laser level from Chefster. ???.