A day's tuition with who ?

spooky1966

Site Supporter
Got to be big Kevin Ashurst, that man was the best angler ever . Wouldn’t like to upset him though 😀

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
If you could take a mate for a day's tuition with an angler of your choice, which angler would you choose?

I think I'd pick either Steve Ringer or Rob Hughes
Apart from sponsored anglers ,anyone of them . We have some really top anglers who are members on here who id gladly have a days tuition with ,former sponsored anglers and some right up there with them . I wont name them but we know who most of them are and we certainly could learn a thing or 3 from them .🥰

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
I cant even remember if I've commented on this post before, But my answer will be the same. Jamie hughes or Andy May... not really for tuition but because they come across as a good laugh (y)

On a more serious, learning note... Its Des Shipp or Jon Arthur. I've learnt so much from the latter, just from watching his YouTube videos.

Joe C

Site Supporter
I live in the same little town as Des Shipp, obviously have come across him a few times as we fish some of the same venues, he’s a top bloke and hilarious, I don’t believe he does much coaching at the minute but if he does do a bit I will try and get a day out with him.

As @Maesknoll has pointed out, Craig Edmunds is the obvious other choice around here that coaches, great knowledge of natural and commercial fishing.
I would love to have a day out with Andy May just for the hilarity that would ensue.

Although I have no inclination towards match angling anymore It would be good to get out with a big name just so they could show me a few bits, plus you get to hear their stories.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Thinking a bit more about this I would love a day with Matt Hayes, does a variety of fishing and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Total

Site Supporter
Thinking a bit more about this I would love a day with Matt Hayes, does a variety of fishing and doesn't take himself too seriously.
You might think differently when he tells you the prices he (used) wants to charge!;)(y)

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Apart from sponsored anglers ,anyone of them . We have some really top anglers who are members on here who id gladly have a days tuition with ,former sponsored anglers and some right up there with them . I wont name them but we know who most of them are and we certainly could learn a thing or 3 from them .🥰
I agree. There are so many really good anglers on this forum. I would love a day with any of them.

BBear

Site Supporter
The only time I’ve ever been on a guided trip was many years ago when me and and a mate had half a day with Trevor West barbel fishing on the Bristol Avon at Lacock. It was organised by my mate who was new to barbel fishing and I went along even though I thought I knew it all. The very first thing Trevor asked us to do was tie a hook on and I tied my usual, at that time, six turn tucked bloodknot and smugly handed it to him. He gave it a sharp tug and it broke - that shocked me and from then on I listened to everything he said. I learned quite a lot that day about roving the river, upstream fishing and trundling meat.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I live in the same little town as Des Shipp, obviously have come across him a few times as we fish some of the same venues, he’s a top bloke and hilarious, I don’t believe he does much coaching at the minute but if he does do a bit I will try and get a day out with him.

As @Maesknoll has pointed out, Craig Edmunds is the obvious other choice around here that coaches, great knowledge of natural and commercial fishing.
I would love to have a day out with Andy May just for the hilarity that would ensue.

Although I have no inclination towards match angling anymore It would be good to get out with a big name just so they could show me a few bits, plus you get to hear their stories.
He won’t have much time for coaching now. I was talking to his brother Vince yesterday, Des has only gone and bought a pair of MX and Supermoto bikes to rekindle his youth.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
He won’t have much time for coaching now. I was talking to his brother Vince yesterday, Des has only gone and bought a pair of MX and Supermoto bikes to rekindle his youth.
He was talking about it on his video last week. Won't be doing individual coaching sessions but he's planning on doing some group sessions.