A day's tuition with who ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you could take a mate for a day's tuition with an angler of your choice, which angler would you choose?

I think I'd pick either Steve Ringer or Rob Hughes

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Jon Arthur...if he's anything like his videos in real life, then I think he'd be really good at explaining why you do this & that,
After the last couple of weeks, also Des Shipp. He's been really good on his Q&A sessions, covering rivers, canals as well as commercials.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
No idea as I don't really follow names. Probably just pick the best match angler I could find that fishes the Thames around here.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
If you could take a mate for a day's tuition with an angler of your choice, which angler would you choose?

I think I'd pick either Steve Ringer or Rob Hughes
Andy Bennett or Steve Ringer ......oooo or Tommy Pickering ,Alan Scothorne lol and of course the brilliant Bob Nudd....plus many more lol ,my first choice would be Andy Bennett at the moment

baggy

Mark Saunders
I have one booked with Dave Roberts on the wye next year as I haven’t fished a river for 20 years and never caught a river barbel.

I’ve already had days in past with Des Shipp, Andy May and Andy Kinder. They were all brilliant and I learnt a deal but I fancied having more of an experience doing something different than just learning things

NJ1875

Site Supporter
I think Des Shipp or Bob Nudd but if he did coaching then Dickie Carr I think you would learn loads but it would be great fun too.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wouldn’t bother myself, I think I’m past coaching, I have all the technical know how, I have a decent understanding of what is happening, but it’s not at the level of the top anglers, they see the need to change sooner than us mere mortals, they have the gut feel and experience of fishing full time that is IMO impossible to teach.

Maybe if I moved to an area that had F1’s I’d have a session with Jamie Hughes, but as I already fish alongside some of the top names, I know if I draw a flyer and they draw a rubbish peg , I can and do beat them, if I draw a flyer and they draw an average peg, I can and sometimes beat them, if we both draw average pegs, I usually leave something in it and they beat me, but not always, if they draw a flyer and I draw an average or below average peg, then I may as well go to the pub...., ?

In all seriousness, I have seen many, many anglers on the bank, be they pleasure anglers or match anglers who would hugely benefit from a coaching session, as long as they take on board what hey are told. I had a day with Andy Kinder at Larford, fishing the method, I learnt a lot, but don’t put much of it in practise as the method is banned at some of the venues I fish and not effective at some of the others.

Down here (Bristol/Somerset/ Glos) Craig Edmunds (Trigger) has just started coaching, I’d anyone in the area is looking for some decent guidance, you won’t go far wrong, he keeps things nice and simple, whilst catching plenty.

Foul hooked

To be honest not up with the current names, but the chance to fish a top water with someone who knew the venue would be a great opportunity. As a teenager in the seventies, being given a few tips by the master himself, a certain mr Marks, on the Leicester straights certainly changed my approach to fishing. Perhaps someone who could show an old codger how to bag on modern venues or big rivers which I have never had the privilege to fish.