A Day Out With Neil? Ringstead, Northants. Saturday 25th September

rudd

Site Supporter
Unfortunately I have had to pm Neil advising I am now unable to make this match.
I work in the world of HMRC compliance which at present is an ever changing landscape.
We won a sizeable piece of work yesterday which requires 24/7 attention and I am expecting three more similar wins in the next few weeks.
This changing landscape is the inevitable knock on caused by brexit, winning work is a positive but with it comes the negative with people jumping ship as Customs trained peoples salarys rocket as the industry is stil 20,000 people short.
My apologies to those who were looking forward to me making a right tit of myself!
I am very disappointed that I wont be meeting the participants and having a good day out.

brianNN5

Site Supporter
Hi Neil
I have done very little fishing over the past 18 months but hope to start up again later this week. Hopefully I can make your ‘match’ in September. If you have enough people to fill your 20 pegs I am equally happy to just simply come along as a club member.

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
Hi Neil
I have done very little fishing over the past 18 months but hope to start up again later this week. Hopefully I can make your ‘match’ in September. If you have enough people to fill your 20 pegs I am equally happy to just simply come along as a club member.
You're very welcome to come and sit with me ,you won't learn anything but it will be a laugh ?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Hi Neil,

Apologies for not coming back to you sooner, I am trying hard to shuffle some family commitments around the date so that I can join you. As soon as things become a little clearer, I will let you know.

Last edited:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Unfortunately I have had to pm Neil advising I am now unable to make this match.
I work in the world of HMRC compliance which at present is an ever changing landscape.
We won a sizeable piece of work yesterday which requires 24/7 attention and I am expecting three more similar wins in the next few weeks.
This changing landscape is the inevitable knock on caused by brexit, winning work is a positive but with it comes the negative with people jumping ship as Customs trained peoples salarys rocket as the industry is stil 20,000 people short.
My apologies to those who were looking forward to me making a right tit of myself!
I am very disappointed that I wont be meeting the participants and having a good day out.

20,000 shortages ! :eek: Does that mean there could be a job for an oldie that cut his teeth on C273 Custom Entry Forms ? :D

I am as up to date as knowing that the Brussels Tariff Nomenclature (BTN) No has been superceded by the Customs Cooperation Council Nomenclature and then by the Harmonised System (HS) No. :D

How does that old Chinese curse go - 'May you live in interesting times.' :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Hi Neil
Places to fill so you are booked in. Be good to see you there.

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
Particularly if pegged next to me and he rips me to pieces.
It's a good job gixer13 has pulled out ? Him one side me the other nightmare times NON
You would be like fish4alarf nightmares and sleepless nights worrying about us 😂😂
Chefster get your name down?

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
It's a good job gixer13 has pulled out ? Him one side me the other nightmare times NON
You would be like fish4alarf nightmares and sleepless nights worrying about us 😂😂
Chefster's name is already on the list.

gixer 13

Site Supporter
@notneeded ha ha ha Tony havent pulled out as yet i will be there dependent on if its full full before my good lady decides what we are doing as really fancy having a go somewhere different and hopefully drawing near you for a chat ideally either side of neil and chefster they would become best buddies after five hours of our inane ramblings 🤣 🤣 🤣

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
@notneeded ha ha ha Tony havent pulled out as yet i will be there dependent on if its full full before my good lady decides what we are doing as really fancy having a go somewhere different and hopefully drawing near you for a chat ideally either side of neil and chefster they would become best buddies after five hours of our inane ramblings 🤣 🤣 🤣
Me and Neil are buddies, despite the forum banter 😃👍