A Day Out With Neil? Ringstead, Northants. Saturday 25th September

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Hey, dont worry I am fishing, not even taking a keepnet as expect a blank, late arrival, wet feet, phone in the pond, hook in finger, multiple tangles, fees paid in carrots and potatoes and some choice East Anglian wordage.
I fully expect to come last but I thought it would be nice to meet up with some fellow MDers and have a days fishing..I’m looking forward to putting faces to names and hopefully catch a fish or two.

I will literally have no idea where to start on the day..how much bait to feed, location to fish as I really am a novice and I don’t own a pole either. But I’m intrigued to see how the Pros match fish, even though I don’t have much interest in doing it often myself. Just don’t laugh at me at the weigh ins 😂 (if I do catch that is.)

BTMS

Site Supporter
Jim do not be disheartened. My first match had 28 anglers at a commercial lake I was was the only one without one, I won it with waggler and maggot feeder (y) We all have to start somewhere

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
I didn’t want to takeover Neil’s thread but if anyone can offer any advice on keepnets, please can you drop me a msg on this thread -

https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/keepnets-for-neil’s-match.235252/#post-2811416

Thanks in advance

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I fully expect to come last but I thought it would be nice to meet up with some fellow MDers and have a days fishing..I’m looking forward to putting faces to names and hopefully catch a fish or two.

I will literally have no idea where to start on the day..how much bait to feed, location to fish as I really am a novice and I don’t own a pole either. But I’m intrigued to see how the Pros match fish, even though I don’t have much interest in doing it often myself. Just don’t laugh at me at the weigh ins 😂 (if I do catch that is.)
Do you want to borrow a couple of keepnets James ?

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter

I am allowed to take two guests per year onto the lake. I'm happy to have a practice session on it with you if you like and want to make the trip. Same goes for anyone else but I am limited to two in total.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
I am allowed to take two guests per year onto the lake. I'm happy to have a practice session on it with you if you like and want to make the trip. Same goes for anyone else but I am limited to two in total.
I’ll pass due to the distance but thanks for the offer, Neil. 👍

There is a commercial nearby me with a snake lake that I will visit beforehand for practice.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Ha!! He obviously doesn’t want me fishing it then , 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️💁‍♂️Put every body else name down except mine 👍oh yes I forgot, he’s blocked me so can’t see 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It doesn't look like I'll be able to make that date Neil. If it changes in the future I'll let you know :(

matt

Site Supporter
Hi Neil, sorry for the late confirmation but yes if you could put me down for the match please 👍

Am not sure but I think that Chefster might be interested too?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Would have stuck my name down for this Neil but with my Wedding Anniversary on the 24th I probably won't be up to an early start from Barnsley. ;)