A Day Out With Neil? Ringstead, Northants. Saturday 25th September

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Hi Neil, I can't make the 25th as working, in fact looking at the work rota and home calendar I don't have any Saturday's free until November :cry: I blame my social secretary for her bad planning;). However I will pop down in the afternoon after work for a few hours for a look see and a chat. (y)

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Blimey @chefster you trying to tell me there is a special 'F1' plummet ?? Your pulling my leg my little Gastrognome. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

First it was Neil with his 'special' F1 clothes pegs and now your flogging F1 plummets - what a pair of bandits ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Water is now booked.

Wellingborough & District Nene AC Snake Lake at Ringstead.
Saturday 25 September.
Draw 9:00 to 9:30 in the main car park (see below).
Fish 10:30 - 3:30.
Peg £5. Pools £15 and I will pay two sections of 10 by default (£30) plus three overall (£55, £45, £40) assuming 20 fishing. Happy to change that if people think its too much.
Pay me on the day.
Two nets minimum, 1 for silvers inc. crucians, 1 for carp. I will impose a 50lb net limit, 50+-60 = 50, over 60 net DQ. I don't expect many carp weights if any over 50 but it is possible. Most carp in the 3-4lb range but there are some up to and over 10.

The lake is an average 14m wide, 5ft deep down the middle. Long pole on our pegs are hampered by an otter fence behind so a tall roller or double shipping required. The other side of the lake allows easy shipping of the pole but many pegs are restricted by lilies. Flat bank from car park to platforms. Second car park and toilet behind peg 12. You may want to drive round once drawn. See the rules in the OP, but I stress "No groundbait", the lake has no natural water supply apart from field run off and is topped up by pump so no chance of a flush through to get rid of uneaten groundbait. Paste, mini boilies and wafters and bread are allowed as hookbaits.

I will list and tag below everyone that has expressed an interest or already confirmed their attendance. Please let me know if you need a short walk peg allocated.

1. @tysontim Confirmed, short walk.
  2. @Jimpanzee Confirmed
  3. @gixer 13
  4. BrianNN5
  5. @notneeded Confirmed
  6. @Scribe
  7. Chefster
  8. @Stewie74 Confirmed
  9. @Whisker Confirmed (Scales, thank you)
  10. @matt Confirmed
  11. @160642fishing Confirmed
  12. @warrington63 Confirmed
  13. @dealornodeal Confirmed (Scales, thank you)
  14. 90sGear Confirmed

15. Neil ofthe Nene
Easiest way to the fishery is from the A45 at Raunds, see below. Take the Ringstead road from the roandabout (McD & BP garage), turn left in Ringstead. About three quarters of a mile outside Ringstead the main road goes sharp right, you need to go straight on down the track in front. Follow the track (it become a dirt road) until it passes the marina entrance on the right. Yellow gate in front that I will try and have open if not I will check regularly to let you in. Main car park immediately on your left after the yellow gate.

Millcotton Map Sept Edit.jpg

Millcotton Satellite Edit.jpg

Any questions or entries?

Last edited:

rudd

Site Supporter
Count me in please.
I’ll definitely be pools fodder, but I might learn a thing or 2.
Hey, dont worry I am fishing, not even taking a keepnet as expect a blank, late arrival, wet feet, phone in the pond, hook in finger, multiple tangles, fees paid in carrots and potatoes and some choice East Anglian wordage.

90sGear

Site Supporter
Stick me down please will be good to see everyone always like a new venue to suss out