A Day Out With Neil? Ringstead, Northants. Saturday 25th September

Total

Site Supporter
I will check but I think refers to barbless as manufactured, not crushed or removed barbs.
I think that reads right you saying the above....Hooks to be used without any modifying or bending and as are out of the hook packet....

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I would be up for it date dependent Nel, it's certainly a well maintained complex and a pleasure to fish.

Last edited:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I'll be up for it date dependant
Dave do you want me to bring you a Pork Pie..........scratch that, it was a stupid question when I know the answer already. :D:D

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Something I have put on the back burner because of Covid but a nudge from another member has resurrected the idea.

Would there be any interest in me organising a get together/match on Wellingborough's snake lake? At the moment my thoughts are

Late September or October
20 pegs max (I don't think I can book more as there are only 40 pegs on the lake and the club like to have half for pleasure anglers)
Saturday or Sunday?

The lake is an average 14m wide with solid platforms. Easy parking and walk to pegs, max walk 8 pegs. Toilets on site. Lake is stocked with just about every species including crucians, tench, skimmers, some 2-3lb, carp to 10lb plus a few over that, most common 3-4lb. Max depth 5ft. NO GROUNDBAIT.

Let me know your thoughts. I may be able to get a local cafe, 10 mins from fishery and opposite a large, free car park (Irthlingborough), to open early for breakfasts with enough numbers to make it worthwhile. Or there is a McD just a couple of miles from the venue. Map shows the locations. Rules below.

Neil Day Map circled.jpg
Millcotton Rules Crop.jpeg
Looks like you going to have a good turn out Neil ,i hope you all have a brilliant time and well done for taking the time to organise an event 👍 🥰

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Date dependent I will have a go,
Just looked on Google it says about hour and half away.
Another daft o clock leave home to fish 😄

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I have provisionally booked 20 pegs (1 - 20) on the Wellingborough snake lake for 25 September. Because bookings are down this year I do have a wide choice of dates so can change this if it does not suit enough people. Would 10:30 - 3:30 be OK for time?

I will give priority to those that have already expressed an interest on my earlier thread.

I will place any anglers who find walking a distance on suitable pegs. The rest we will draw. Hope that's OK. I am viewing this as a get together and a chance to show off Wellingborough's "Jewel in the crown" rather than a serious match but I will run pools on the day. Peg fees will be £5.

Two nets minimum, silvers, including crucians in one, carp in another. While the lake does not produce huge weights someone could have a bumper day so may need a second carp net. I will bring spares as well.

I wrote an article for the club's 2020 calendar describing how I approach the lake. If anyone wants a copy PM me, it is quite lengthy. But basically for a pleasure session I approach it as a silvers lake with the carp as a bonus.

And if anyone could offer to bring scales and weigh net that would be helpful.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
10.30 till 3.30 is fine for me Neil,
I presume that's the length of the match
What time would the draw be ,?
I have nerve damage in.leg, but depends on each day how it affects me walking wise.