A Day Out With Neil? Ringstead, Northants. Saturday 25th September

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Something I have put on the back burner because of Covid but a nudge from another member has resurrected the idea.

Would there be any interest in me organising a get together/match on Wellingborough's snake lake? At the moment my thoughts are

Late September or October
20 pegs max (I don't think I can book more as there are only 40 pegs on the lake and the club like to have half for pleasure anglers)
Saturday or Sunday?

The lake is an average 14m wide with solid platforms. Easy parking and walk to pegs, max walk 8 pegs. Toilets on site. Lake is stocked with just about every species including crucians, tench, skimmers, some 2-3lb, carp to 10lb plus a few over that, most common 3-4lb. Max depth 5ft. NO GROUNDBAIT.

Let me know your thoughts. I may be able to get a local cafe, 10 mins from fishery and opposite a large, free car park (Irthlingborough), to open early for breakfasts with enough numbers to make it worthwhile. Or there is a McD just a couple of miles from the venue. Map shows the locations. Rules below.

Neil Day Map circled.jpg
Millcotton Rules Crop.jpeg

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Count me in Neil, dates dependent as I have already sorted my work schedules for Saturdays in September and October, seeing as we're still hoping to get away on holiday in the October half term. Sunday's wouldn't pose too much of a problem except for the half term weekends (y)

Last edited:

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
I’m away one weekend in October but would definitely be interested if this lands on a weekend I am free.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I would be interested if short walk to pegs are available.
Shortest walk would be peg 1, if we can reserve your parking space next to the entrance you would have ten yards to walk, add 12-15yds for peg 2. Peg 12 has a car park roughly 30 yards behind.

Peg 1 is a known flier, even I have won from it.

bluemack

Site Supporter
That,s a strange one"shop bought hooks only"............so wrong.:mad: Bait perhaps,but not tackle.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I would have, but a 300+ mile round trip for a 20 pegger is just too far…..

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
That,s a strange one"shop bought hooks only"............so wrong.:mad: Bait perhaps,but not tackle.
I saw that and assumed it meant, any shop, not something you’d made yourself, but how would they tell? Not that I have time to go making hooks……