A Cold Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
8.00am Sunday picked up Carpbob and took him to Birstall pond. Wanted to show him this well fished venue. Arrived at 8.50am and started fishing. After 15 mins the float dipped and I struck.....nothing even my maggot was gone. Another 45 mins and a nother knock. Nothing again. The church bells on the 1/4 hour are begining to do my head in. Suddenly my float slipped under the water and I strike. My rod bends and then flys back. ( you can`t stop an big Carp on a size 20 to 1lb 4oz bottom when it has decided to go walk about. ). 12.00pm and not another touch. Bob has not even had a bite. He suggests a pond he knows at a farm behind the Gypsy camp on Geldered rd. We set off and get set up there. The rain starts the wind blows, it even pulls my umberella out of the ground. (glad I had guy ropes in) Anyway afer 1/2 hour Bob gets a fish ( a 2" minnow pity he isn`t in the 2003 competition ). So that was it I was not going tyo be water licked here as well, so down to a size 22 and a single red maggot and off I went.......NOTHING, ZILCH, NADA, I was getting frustrated. Thought lets try a white maggot.........Bingo a small roach followed by another and another and then a reasonable size one and to finnish two more. Poor Bob didn`t get anything else apart from very cold. We packed up our tackle absolutely soaked and covered in sleet and snow, frozen to the marrow but happy. We had come out into the cold, we had caught something and a new friendship had been forged thanks to maggotdrowning forums. We shall meet again when I give Bob a lift to the Willows next Sunday and we both said that we hope the weather is not as grim............Still thats fishing for you.......Haydn. Datafile2.gif Datafile2.gif Datafile2.gif Datafile2.gif

Datafile2.gif

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

carpbob3

it wasnt cold it was bloody freezing esp when the hail came down in the skip load ( forget the buckets) ....

Status
Not open for further replies.