A Cash Stash ?

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
had a great aunt and they found 3 grand in a shoe box in wardrobe what got me though because she went into a care home and had money in bank they had to pay 2 grand a month for her care that was over 10 years ago dread to think what they charge now

The Runner

Site Supporter
When my mum died & I cleared out the house I found £2,400 quid in little packets all over the place... god knows why... there were little blue envelopes with varying amounts in all over the house
Same here, even down to the blue envelopes. Just short of £2000, all in tenners.

62tucker

Site Supporter
had a great aunt and they found 3 grand in a shoe box in wardrobe what got me though because she went into a care home and had money in bank they had to pay 2 grand a month for her care that was over 10 years ago dread to think what they charge now
My granny still lived in her own house when she was 100 but started to get a carer in once a day just to check on her. Also my dad would visit her once a day as well as only lived a few streets away.
One day he went she told him she had had 2 male strangers in her house, but we not sure to this day if she had or was confused. We knew she had a few quid in tins in her airing cupboard so I phoned my dad and brother and we decided to empty her cupboard ASAP. I went straight from work. Got the tins and went to my dads with them. My brother came when he finished work and we set about counting it.
£36,000 all told. Some in bundles from bank. Some in envelopes. Some in home made pouches made from pillowcases.
All that was saved from her pension as well.
Anyone could of took all that and we would of been none the wiser.
There must be thousands of old folk sitting on a lot of cash.