A carp pole for christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe1987

'Darwener'
I know its a bit early to start looking but i want to know what to get. And I did start a thread on this before, i think and theres quite a lot of talk about which poles at the moment but i'm struggling on ideas.
Now im not like some of you and dont have about 2 grand to spend on a pole but I think 350 is plenty for a big stick of carbon.
Im looking for something 12.5m or longer, holding 20's elastic and no less. And to be a good stiff plole.
Ive been looking at two poles in particular, the maver jurassic and deliverance, (I really want a medusa but i'm only 16 and im not that rich at all.)
So any ideas anyone, i am quite parcial to maver but i dont really no why, i bought a muletto master and had a load of trouble.
I'd be very grateful of any suggestions, thanks.

*)*Joey*(*

Went to spain and didnt get a nibble. Went to the clyde stuck on sum feathers and caught mackers and pollock til the sun went down.

Oh and is it worth me buying a second hand pole or not?

Last edited:

Dervaig

I'm in the same boat Joe and after waggling a few poles about had decided on the Deliverance.(Maver spell it Delivernance on their site lol). I have to say though that I'ts on hold just at the moment becuase of all the concerns of various people on different forums about the 4th & 5th sections breaking and cracking.
I think both the poles are nice well balanced, stiff poles for the money but the concern still exists.

Mike dukewave_e0.gif
Everybody believes in something - I believe I'll have another beer.

hoppy

hoppy
*)*joey*(* Take a look at my "Tackle Review" at http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/8461
about the maver its up to you what you decide, after I got a replacement for that faulty pole, THAT was faulty too, so I sent it back again, I ended up with a Lerc Diatex xt50 13mtr, and what a pole this is, although a bit dearer its a hundred times better.
I use to have a Lerc 5050 and was very good, wish I'd stayed with Preston inovations poles (Lercs), take a look at them and give 'em a feel, they are not bad at all...

"Take your time, but hurry up"

joe1987

'Darwener'
Hoppy,
How much is the diatex? Ive never actually held a lerc pole and dont really know anything about them but somehow developed a view that they wernt very good! What laccy rating is it?
Dervaig,
Yeah I know just read hoppy's post and barries, doesn't sound good at all mate.

*)*Joey*(*

Went to spain, paid 120euro and didnt get a nibble. Went to the clyde stuck on sum feathers, went out in a rubber dinghy and caught mackers and pollock til the sun went down.

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
joe, the diatex is 400 quid i think, ive had a look at it before, and preston innovations are a superb make, this is one of there cheapest, a lot cost over a grand!

J.Tolley

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Hi mate I have a Maver Deliverance ( 2top3's uncut) (2top3s elasticated) "1top2 elasticated" (1 spair number 4 section,) Pole is in mint condtion used 5 times paid 299 for the pole but paid extra for the extra tops uncut + spair no4 quick sale if your intrested 270.

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:I already did mate a bloody Maver Deliverance broke 3 times on me so far[:(!] so much for the great read up on that Deliverance

Is this the same pole Barrie???? [:p]

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Yes Peter with new replacements [:D] and still under warrenty.

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

joe1987

'Darwener'
Your alrite mate, after all this snapping and breaking its put me RIGHT off the deliverance.

*)*Joey*(*

Went to spain, paid 120euro and didnt get a nibble. Went to the clyde stuck on sum feathers, went out in a rubber dinghy and caught mackers and pollock til the sun went down.

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Ok Joey no problem think I will keep it just for silver fish wont get damaged that way fingers crossed lol.

Datafile4.asp

hoppy

hoppy
joe, the Diatex is 399 and comes with, I top 3 and 2 x extra long top 2s and takes up to No 16 elastic, also a full elastication kit for all 3 tops, 5.. 12.. 12 elastics, bungs, threader and pole pots, lube, joint aligners, connectors, bushes and pole bag and weighs in at 870grams (about 1lb 13oz) at 13metres, and a 12 month guarantee (maver only 6 month).
So, if you can persuade mam and dad for the extra 40 quid (after all it is getting near xmas) its worth the money...cheers...hoppy
PS... try thier website at http://www.prestoninnovations.co.uk/

"Take your time, but hurry up"

kingkarper

abu garcia submission 2 x top kits and a power top 2 18 rating and 14 and a half metres 350 quid

stiffler

Crafty Carper !
why do you wait till 1 of the big shows at xmas( like newark show ground) then look at all the poles there at silly money !!

Happy fishing !!!!

m hewitt
<'//<

joe1987

'Darwener'
Good plan stiffler. Will be checking out the diatex if I can find a prestons dealer near me.
Never new ABU made poles!
Barrie, stick a 6's laccy in and see if it breaks! If it does some harsh words should be had with maver.

*)*Joey*(*

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
All low lastic is all i'm going too use Bream Tench and Silver Fish.[:D] Wont ever use as a carp pole again mate. I have my trusty Tornado Z for Carp now.

Datafile4.asp

Pool 53

I too am looking for a good inexpensive pole. Afriend has recommended that a good pole that you can pick up new for approx. 250 is the Shimano Technium. Its pretty light (not the lightest but is a bit more robust accordingly) and it is a generally good bit of kit. Pretty much an all round tool.

Tony

L G

Runner up MD's 06
what about the daiwa tournamax ? i saw that got a good review and you can get them for less than 200. I have always rated daiwa stuff just cant wait to get my hands on my new pole

joe1987

'Darwener'
Thanks everyone for the input, leaning towards the jurassic but I really would like teflon joints on the third and fourth sections, can a teflon coating be bought?

*)*Joey*(*

icarpdaily

'Dancey'
Yep u can buy a teflon spray im not sure where u get it from, someone on here knows they told but i forget.

Tom.

devil-flip.gif Wheres my float oh my god wheres my float, oh yeah im ledger fishing. demonbat.gif
"I, d rather be dead than cool " Curt Cobain.
"It's better to burn out than fade away" Curt cobain.
Maggotdrowner's the only place to be when your not on the Bank.

Datafile4.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.