A Cajun Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
(and yes, they really do talk exactly like this)

Boudreaux been fish'n down by de bayou all day an he done run outa night crawlers. He be bout reddy to leave when he seen a snake wit a big frog in his mout.

He knowed dat dem big bass fish like frogs so he decided to steal dat froggie.

Dat snake, he be a cotton moufed water moccasin so he had to be real careful or he'd get bit.

He snuk up behine de snake and grabbed him roun de haid. Dat ole snake din't lak dat one bit. He squirmed and wrapped hisself roun Boudreaux's arm try'n to get hisself free.

But Boudreaux, him, had a real good grip on his haid, yeh.

Well, Boudreaux pried his mout open and got de frog and puts it in his baitcan. Now, Boudreaux knows dat he cain't let go dat snake or his gonna bite him good, but he had a plan. He reach into de back pocket of his bib overhauls and pulls out a pint a moonshine likker. He pour some draps into de snakes mout.

Well, dat snake's eyeballs roll back in his haid and his body go limp. Wit dat Boudreaux toss's dat snake into de bayou. Den he goes back to fishin.

A while later Boudreaux dun feel sumpin tappin on his barefoot toe. He slowly look down and dare dat water moccasin was, with two frogs in his mout.

Newt Vail, Concord, NC. USA Datafile3.jpg

Last edited:

ken age 63

' Gin & Tonic '
Newt, you do (A-Cajun-ly)tell good stories, ha ha nice one,

A river is water in its loveliest form ;;

Apache

LOL! [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Tight Lines,

Datafile4.asp

DataFile.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Boudreaux enters Thibodeaux's barbershop for a shave. While Thibodeaux is foaming him up, Boudreaux mentions the problems he has getting a close shave around the cheeks.

Thibodeaux said, "Mais, I'm got just the ting", taking a small wooden ball from a nearby drawer. "Just place dis between your cheek and gum."

Boudreaux places the ball in his mouth and Thib proceeds with the closest shave Boudreaux has ever experienced. After a few strokes , Boudreaux asks, " Mais, what if I swallow it ?"

"No problem," says Thibodeaux. "Just bring it back tomorrow like everyone else does."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One day, while fishing under the I-10 bridge over the Atchafalaya Basin, Boudreaux made his confession to his friends of over thirty years, Thibodeau and Fontenot. "We all been frands and thru a lot over the years, but I never done told you dis before because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. Me I'm gay."

Fontenot looked at Thibodeau and said "We kinda figured dat out a while back,but we didn't say nothing cause we didn't want to embarrass you."

Boudreaux thanked them and continued, "Da reason I'm tolling you this is cause Me I got the AIDS and I got six months to live. Ya'll the only family I got, me, and I want you to promise me dat you won't let dem bary me. Me I'm scared of them caskets and don't want to be put in the ground. Me I want to be creamated and I want you, my good frands , to trow my ashes off that bridge into the water where we spent so much good times fishing."

Fontenot and Thibodeau wiped back a few tears, then agreed to do what their old pal had asked of them. Sure enough, six months later, Boudreaux passed away and his two friends were standing on the bridge with the ashes.

Fontenot was about to throw them into the water when Thibodeau stopped him. "Wait , you gotta say something." "I don't know what to say, me, cause I was never a church goer," says Fontenot. Thibodeau he scratch his head. "Just say somethin...anything. Make it ryhme".

Fontenot him he thought about it a while and started throwing the ashes out over the water and said: "Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust, If you'd a liked wemmens, You'd be here wit us..."

Newt Vail, Concord, NC. USA
Datafile3.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.