A bit of time well spent.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
After a lovely sunny morning it got a bit dull and overcast this afternoon. Not to worry though as the postman had delivered a package from BobCo that would keep me occupied for a couple of hours. I'd had one of their giftcards that I hadn't used from Christmas and their Jubilee offer prompted me to use it.
It meant that I got ten of these..........

maver-roller-slot.jpg
to replace the original PTFE easy flow slots originally fitted to my Oculus 999 from new and some similar ones on some Universal Kits I have, as I've always suspected that the constant rubbing of the elastic under tension along the edge of the slots could cause premature wear on the elastic, especially on the universal kits which had black slots which may well have been plastic rather than PTFE.
Removing the old ones couldn't have been easier, a thumbnail under the edge of the slots being enough to pop them out. Fitting the new roller slot is nice and simple.........

slot3.jpg

Slide the roller slot into the existing hole so that the carbon of the top kit locates into the slot at the front (1) of the new roller slot then using gentle thumb pressure at the back of the roller slot should result in the roller slot clicking into place at the back (2) and that's it job done. I was fortunate that the slots on my universal kits were the perfect size to fit the new roller slots as well, but if they don't a template is supplied for you to resize to the necessary dimensions.
Having elasticated the kits It's quite noticeable that the PTFE roller running on the stainless steel pin feels a whole lot better when stripping elastic and as a plus obviously centralises the elastic in the top kit keeping the elastic off the walls.

Roller slots.jpg

I have to say that overall I feel it's a worthwhile upgrade over the originals and I'm very happy with the end result. :upthumb:

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Nice one Peter !! They are a lovely smooth system 👍👍I’ve got them in 12, rest are the easy-flow roller cone bungs, with the original white slots

2D964BEC-D693-464C-BC3E-B628ED014109.jpeg

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
After a lovely sunny morning it got a bit dull and overcast this afternoon. Not to worry though as the postman had delivered a package from BobCo that would keep me occupied for a couple of hours. I'd had one of their giftcards that I hadn't used from Christmas and their Jubilee offer prompted me to use it.

maver-roller-slot.jpg
to replace the original PTFE easy flow slots originally fitted to my Oculus 999 from new and some similar ones on some Universal Kits I have, as I've always suspected that the constant rubbing of the elastic under tension along the edge of the slots could cause premature wear on the elastic, especially on the universal kits which had black stots which may well have been plastic rather than PTFE.
Removing the old ones couldn't have been easier, a thumbnail under the edge of the slots being enough to pop them out. To fit the new roller slot is nice and simple.........

slot3.jpg

Slide the roller slot into the existing hole so that the carbon of the top kit locates into the slot at the front (1) of the new roller slot then using gentle thumb pressure at the back of the roller slot should result in the roller slot clicking into place at the back (2) and that's it job done. I was fortunate that the slots on my universal kits were the perfect size to fit the new roller slots as well, but if they don't a template is supplied for you to resize to the necessary dimensions.
Having elasticated the kits It's quite noticeable that the PTFE roller running on the stainless steel pin feels a whole lot better when stripping elastic and as a plus obviously centralises the elastic in the top kit keeping the elastic off the walls.

Roller slots.jpg

I have to say that overall I feel it's a worthwhile upgrade over the originals and I'm very happy with the end result. :upthumb:
You little tackle tart you😜😜😜

Carp attack

maver-roller-slot.jpg
to replace the original PTFE easy flow slots originally fitted to my Oculus 999 from new and some similar ones on some Universal Kits I have, as I've always suspected that the constant rubbing of the elastic under tension along the edge of the slots could cause premature wear on the elastic, especially on the universal kits which had black stots which may well have been plastic rather than PTFE.
Removing the old ones couldn't have been easier, a thumbnail under the edge of the slots being enough to pop them out. To fit the new roller slot is nice and simple.........

slot3.jpg

Roller slots.jpg

Do you think these would fit into my browning kits slot?