A Bit Early I Know...But...

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Did anyone successfully use electrically heated socks last winter? Having seen some snow myself ( not literally speaking) I suffer from severe cold feet in the winter, tried everything thats been recommended so far, got Baffin boots with Alpaca woolen socks, heated insoles , theses work to an extent, but its just the opinion on the battery operated socks that I would like. It could be a circulation problem and I understand that its the bodies mechanism to redirect blood to our vital organs which causes the coldness to the extremities. I feel warm enough body wise , just can't bend down with all the layers I wear ! Maybe the tackle should go into the shed at the end of October until Springtime , last year I did limit myself to one day a week , picking the best day weather wise .

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 2

Somersetlad

Get yourself a big block of polystyrene, wrap it in a bin bag and put it down, so you're feet are resting on it. Obviously not much use if your wading;

tyne angler

just what i was thinking today mate i think its the last day this year ill have my foot plate in the river it was freezing and its just the start of september old are what

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
just what i was thinking today mate i think its the last day this year ill have my foot plate in the river it was freezing and its just the start of september old are what

Oddly enough I really enjoy winter fishing , I tend to fish my local commercial mainly these days but in the winter it’s more like “ natural” fishing , a lot more patience required but really satisfying when you have a good day

tyne angler

i cleared a peg today mate above normal river hieght i try to fish the river as much as i can but just cant do withing being cold these days so all being well i can fish and not be in a freezing river

feldri

Site Supporter
Me, I'm like a big old bear in winter. I hibernate and don't come out until the temp reaches at least 15c. Never have been able to withstand the cold. If either my hands or feet get cold, I'm done. :(