A big thankyou - please read...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan2

Account Locked
I asked a couple of weeks ago on this forum for advice on 2 things, one a pole, outstanding feedback, and secondly about ledger/feeder fishing.
I had great feedback again, but one guy PM'ed me and asked for my address, he sent me 2 DVD free of charge, payed for postage and also today sent me 4 x pole rigs he had made up for me. All new - professionally tied to suit where and how I fish.
These included the winders, hooks, the lot, the whole rig. I don't know this guy from Adam, but what can I say or do to thank him. He also sent me 3 hair rigs for feeder fishing.

He said he did not want payment for these, I have declined that request.

Although I have been fishing for many years, purely pleasure, my son (12 now) wants to fish seriously on the pole, but we have to learn tactics and with this guys help and very kind generosity, I am blown away with this.

He knows who he is so I will save naming him publicly, but I want to personally make it open to the forum that this guy and many more out there are the best, and with help like that, its understandable why this is a very popular forum

I have actually in return repaid him, but once again, many many thanks.

CT

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Are you sure you won't name him, 'cos there's a few bits & bobs
I could do with. [;)][:)]

Seriously though, that's what MD's is (or should be) all about.

Anglers helping other anglers,

lucky wayne

Account Locked
thats great to see and fantastic the way people on here pull together and help others

nathan2

Account Locked
Originally posted by muskrat

Are you sure you won't name him, 'cos there's a few bits & bobs
I could do with. [;)][:)]

Seriously though, that's what MD's is (or should be) all about.

Anglers helping other anglers,

No its unfair, but its a tremendous gesture, and we are delighted.

spankysufc

S*U*F*C
top marks to the mystery bloke!!!!!!
its people like that what keep giving fishing the good name it deserves!!!!!
and nathan well done for recognising this and doing it in a respectable way!!!!!!

i take my hat off to you both[8D][8D][8D]

midge99

[:D]Typical Muskie [:D]

We are just one happy family, and help others where we can and some go that bit further

Enigma

Armchair Carper
About time we had a really first class good news story.

Maybe Dave should consider handing out Maggot Drowning MBE or OBE etc for outstanding efforts and dedication to the sport. The MODS could add them to our profiles

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's a thread like this one that makes MD's all worthwhile.
Well Done That Man thumbsup.gif

Bill G

Grandad
dont ya just love a good story with a happy ending [:D][:D]

i say name and shame[}:)]

nathan2

Account Locked
The guy in question and he says I can name him is the one and only sabre6505[:)] Or John is he is really known.[:I]

remember that I don't know him, and he kindly done this for me, and wanted not a penny for this.

Thankyou

Mermaid

Calamity Lin
Site Supporter
That's fantastic, and this kind of thing really does restore your faith in others. Top Man Sabre!

You're a star!

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Nice to hear, not blowing my own trumpet but did the same to elliot when he was after a rod pod. Told him he could have my old one. Ideal starter for him.

What other sport or forum do you know where this sort of thing happens???

jus lumps

Must say that i've contributed on a few forums now over my shortish time fishing & this is by far the friendliest & most comfortable. Unlike some forums i have visited, i never feel intimidated or awkward about asking questions.
Credit to everybody who contributes to this forum. You deserve a pat on the back. Keep up the good work.

danny_01

Thats great Nathan! The mans a diamond and there are loads of em on this forumn.

Its not all about fishing here either. Members are happy to give sound advice on personal issues and pull together when the sh*t hits the fan and for those reasons alone that is why this forumn is now the only forumn I read.

Well Done MD's!!

danny_01

Thats great Nathan! The mans a diamond and there are loads of em on this forumn.

Its not all about fishing here either. Members are happy to give sound advice on personal issues and pull together when the sh*t hits the fan and for those reasons alone that is why this forumn is now the only forumn I read.

Well Done MD's!!

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Such a lovely happy ending..I might just start to weep lol!!!

Seriously, this site really is a good un', and all the members Ive had anything to do with have been really helpful, and alot of you have made me laugh and spill many a cuppa over the keyboard.

Its good to know in this sometimes cr*ppy world, that there are people who are willing to help each other.

Long live MD's!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Johnson

lets just hope the rigs work,your son catches plenty of fish and keeps
him fishing for many years to come.WELLDONE THE MYSTERY MAN!!!!!

Tight lines BJ.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.