A Beginners Guide To Paste Fishing

Gazhilla

Pasted to Death
Unfortunately thats paste fishing. You get lots of liners mate, all i would say is wait a second after the float buries before lifting into bites.
I still get foul hooked fish but practice does make perfect mate.

Gary

the lake lady

The Bitch
ive just made some paste using the grinder method it looks great and i hope it works on border tomorrow

davidhill

Fished paste for the first time on sunday and it was great. it was one of three swims i had going. won the match with 22.600 kilo 2nd was 15.550 thanks for the paste tips lads.[:)][:)]

tomownz182

Nice guide mate..
NEver used paste before and when i get my new pole ill be straight of to border to try it.

tomownz182

Thanks for the advice but i want to no how long before you go fishing do you make the paste??

Gazhilla

Pasted to Death
Grind it the night before and make it up on the bank mate. Have ground up a few sessions worth and stored in bags, sealed tub and not noticed any problems.

Gary

tomownz182

I tryed paste for the first time on a local pond with my pole with the best fish beaing a 2 1/4 skimmer. However i think i may have mixed my paste wrong in some way because it didnt hold together very well on my hookbait and kept falling off. In the end i started using it as more of a groundbait. How have i mixed it wrong???

Clive

Black Hydro
Site Supporter
Buy a bag of Ringers bag up paste it has instructions on the bag how to mix it and you use the bag to measure the correct amount of water then you will see the correct consistency you need for when you make your own paste [;)]

Gazhilla

Pasted to Death
Clive, I have no problems with the ringers paste, works well if mixed a damn sight more sloppy than the measurements on the packet. Works well for fishing the feeder at that consistancy. The other thing is that i can make at least 4 times that amount of paste for that price with my methods.

Gary

pool_fodder

Try grinding expanders, they are better than any groundbait even using as groundbait. Mix with water from the lake on the day, for paste mix sloppy as it sets like concrete if not, try a little at first to experiment. I fish dead depth or maybe very slightly over depth. The bites I go for are a very sharp knock or dip, at first I was leaving these bites but they are the ones to hit, I thought they was the liners for a year or so but it's big wise fish sucking in and blowing out, usually the bits come when the paste hits the bottom (instant). Lift the bait off the bottom and drop it again, to induce the bites, feed the same mix, maybe with some hemp mixed in. Fish soft as possible, I fish close in and if I miss the bite it takes no time to rebait the hook and back in. Try it; you don't need to wait until mid summer, expanders are low in oil so it will work form April to October, maybe earlier with the warm winters. I have my first matches booked from April and I will fish this paste until October, I fish no other method if I can, it sorts the big fish out, cheap to fish, I buy 20Kg sack of expanders for around 20. I have used ringers and it looks very much like ground expanders.

I hope to change my name next year from "pool fodder" to "match winner" although it could be "talks ****e"

paul d

[:D][:D][:D]idiots guide to paste[:D][:D][:D]
just buy a bag a cats and dogs netbuster paste.
it comes with a small pot in it and all you need to do is put two tubs of paste powder to 1 tub of water, and it mixes perfect everytime!![:p]
easier than faffin about with food mixers, boiling water,etc.
i've always used this and it has caught when all other pastes have failed!![^]

Last edited:

micke

Swim stim is wot i use boiling water method mixed on the sloppy side if you have probs. keeping on the hook first hook a pellet size meat then paste around that added advantage if the paste all gone you still got bait on the hook but once they start taking it proper dispense with the meat. feed depends on the day

rafterman

tried fishing with paste but i either kept missing bites or striking too soon!!
got a lot of foul hook ups too how do i correct this dudes

Gazhilla

Pasted to Death
ount to 1 after the float goes under and lift into bites. You will never stop foul hooking fish but this will help minimise them, as will only feeding cup fulls of pellet rather than a few at a time.

Gary

www.lancashirephotographic.co.uk

murph999

Here's my mix .....

3 Eggs
Then mix in some porrage oats , fishmeal , and wait for it .....

Bisto gravy granules !!

Just keep adding spoonfuls to the eggs till you get a nice stiff consistency akin to playdough , stays on the hook quite well , and believe me IT WORKS !!!

Cheers all......Murph

Damo99

Thanks very much mate ill give it ago with ringers ground bait and pellet as thats the best bait at my local. Will help my match fishing a bit too
cheers

midgetchris

Team Trinders 08
ive found bending the hook slightly to the side helps hold the paste on the hook

jack2007

i may sound a bit dumb but every 1s talkin about using it on pole does it work on rod and line?