A balmy -3

Whisker

Site Supporter
Should have been at the Glebe open match today and I would have gone had it not been cancelled when we all went into Tier 4. Might go local tomorrow, Saturday or Sunday, I’ll pick the best day to avoid the ice.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've got ice on part of my pond this morning which is a rare occurrence.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
I headed out yesterday to a commie. -1 the car needed de-icing and the lake was partly frozen. It was a really tough session but I didn’t blank at least 1 Rudd & 4 roach. Good luck for your session. 👍

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Just back home and in the warm, having found both club lakes and 2 day ticket venues completely frozen over. -3 degrees in the car so to be expected really.

Hopefully tomorrow might be a different story

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Rather you than me!

I’m stuck in isolating til something like the 4th or 5th but wouldn’t have gone this week anyway as pretty pointless in freezing temperatures and a flooded river. Forecast is only marginally warmer next week with rain with it so by the time its worth going it’ll likely have been well over a month since my last session.

But you never know things might change!

Rick123

Site Supporter
Too cold for me, I'm itching to try a new rod too. I know you catch this weather, and it seems roach and dace feed well if you can find them, but I'm not an early riser either. One commercial I know closes at 4pm in winter so it can be a short day sometimes. I'll await a balmy 10 deg. But good luck to the brave ones. Richard.

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
I was up 6.30 , 4 pints of maggots degreased with Tumeric , ready for a session on the River, look out the window , heavy snow falling, roads and car thick covering, back to bed and 4 pints of Maggots in Garage .Gutted sums up this bloody year .

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I was supposed to be on the Itchen at Shawford today, Grayling fishing... tier 4 put that to bed... hopefully once some of this spike calms down I'll get down there

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I was supposed to be on the Itchen at Shawford today, Grayling fishing... tier 4 put that to bed... hopefully once some of this spike calms down I'll get down there
One of my favourite places to fish that 👍🏻
Weirdly for grayling fishing I’ve only ever gone when it’s warm as mostly I tend to go on the way back from sea trips.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
20201231_123322.jpg 20201231_123322.jpg for the record my 2 roach wrong swim to cold you name it but it was out next out to dry as I attempt to catch one more

rudd

Site Supporter
-2 here at moment!
Fished yesterday for appox 5lb of (3) small Perch, Roach and finished with a Rudd 😁
Keepnet frozen solid this morning 😯
It was very hard work, four others blanked, the fifth had one fish!

Browner

-2 when I left the house. Spent 2.1/2 hours on the river. I chub on meat and bomb and some nice roach on bread punch and pacemaker. When the sun went behind the trees I packed in and went home. Lucky for me I only live about 300 yards from the river so nice and easy.
Thats it for 2020. On reflection, I learnt a lot this year especially about fishing the river in flood conditions.

lliopp

Site Supporter
Went to the nearest pond to my home. Caught virtually one a chuck, mainly roach and skimmers but did have a crucian and a perch. I had to leave as it got to the stage that I didn’t want to catch another fish, as a block of ice would have been warmer.