A baited Hair ?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just awondering ????

Baiting a hair rigged hook, stick a pellet in the band and then bait the hook with worm, maggot, pinkie, caster

do you do it ?

(more silverfish oriented)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I do it with corn for Barbel Mick. Three or four pieces on the hair and one very lightly nicked onto the hook. Simply to disguise the hook a little. May not make much difference to the fish but, it gives me that little extra confidence.

BoldBear

If I’m using redworms or dendros or even bunches of maggots on a hair rig I often use a ‘QuickStop’ on my hair and simply push the QuickStop through them using the QuickStop needle. It makes it hassle free.
I don’t use them together with a pellet or boilee though.

Keith

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Have done it as a hedge betting thing when I was short on bites. Not sure how effective it is.

Ringe

Site Supporter
Yes - last time I fished in Ireland I started catching decent bream with 3 casters on the hook and a large worm on the hair. Returned the following day for ‘more of the same’ but the bream had other ideas, it took me a while but eventually figured out that ‘today’ they wanted the smallest piece of corn on the hair, with nothing on the hook. Funny things these fish!

Sportsman

Site Supporter
For bream in the lake I often use one or two kernels of corn on a hair with up to 3 maggots on the hook. Works for me.

rudd

Site Supporter
Have used mag aligner rig and a fake maggot with boilie on hair for Tench.
Before trying it not a sniff, Tench on bank within ten minutes after trying it.