9lb 1oz Chub !

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Posted by Richard Easom, 3FT Twitch Baits

Congratulations to 3FT's Christopher Mandelsohn - he's the first admit the pic really doesn't do it justice but this leviathan chub at 9lb 1oz has shook the British record.
A PB that almost seems impossible to beat but he'll have fun trying.
The fish was taken on our new test D-liver boilie from a non-tidal section of the river Trent.

Image may contain: 1 person, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Fred Davis

Firstly well done cracking chub, Long chub bigger than the one I had from the river lea which went 7lb 2oz I think the picture does show it's true proportions. Some chub pictures using a wide angled lens make the fish look a lot bigger than it is. Lots of angling reporters use the wide angled lens ;-)

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Great Fish , must be great those new test D-liver boiles ,that's new test D-liver boiles .Why am I so cynical but once again fantastic catch whatever it was caught on

cockneybob

CockneyBob
Site Supporter
I thought he would have had a smile from cheek to cheek I know i would have, Who makes the test D-liver boilie sound like the magic bait

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
3 Foot Twitch Baits.
There have been some good carp (and plenty of Barbel) caught out of the Severn on their baits the past few seasons and they are a quality bait manufacturer.
One of the lads I go with had 13 double figure Barbel on various 3ft baits last year and on BFW they are highly regarded.

Arch

Site Supporter
Wasn't the old CCMoore Meteor boilie Liver based ?? It was a sad day in the Barbel world when they got discontinued.

I've never understood why big fish anglers always look at the fish in a picture, and not at the camera. :unsure:

frankg

Site Supporter
I've never understood why big fish anglers always look at the fish in a picture, and not at the camera.

Got to agree with you there Arch....in fact, I find it very annoying. :rolleyes:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It's the same guy that caught that River Wye record Barbel by the sounds of it.

mytopkitisbroken

Great Fish , must be great those new test D-liver boiles ,that's new test D-liver boiles .Why am I so cynical but once again fantastic catch whatever it was caught on

Could have actually been one of the, been around forever, D-Test (gimmicks) flavour miracle boilies

?

lp1886

The picture doesn’t do it justice because it’s almost held at arms length and at an angle.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem with Chub is you cannot judge the weight of them side on as they can be deceptive. You need to see the view across the back to get a better idea of size

@Ricky24 is the owner of 3ft Twitch baits and has been a member on here since 2004. I only use his boilies when fishing the River Trent for Barbel as I've got complete faith in them :)

jasonb

Account Locked
didn't say its isn't 9lb 1oz...just doesn't look it when you compare it to other 9Lb chub from further south(crayfish munchers), but i've never seen a really big Trent chub before and they may be longer, wider and leaner to reach a big weight.

Gwillim

Cracking fish!

My concern is how high up the fish is being held to be photographed, hate seeing pictures of large fish held high above the ground, get down with them low to the ground so if they were to flap, slip, fall etc they would not have far to the weigh mat, just a personal thing :(