881lb 5oz of fish in five hours to smash the match record!

scuttster

Site Supporter
Reading through the website is interesting. With regards to the way anglers are to care for the fish. Pretty sure the way they are thrashing I front of the peg they will damage themselves more than an angler holding a fish to unhook it.

no beginners or converts from other angling fields unless they have been deemed safe after a coaching session. (Sounds like a money making exercise)

no tickets can be bought after 12! So no doing something in the morning and then having an afternoon fishing.

on the plus side in matches the fishery supplies the nets.

can’t say I’d be ever in a rush to fish there.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole. I think those sort of images give the sport a bad name.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Commercials are all like that blah blah commercials only have carp in blah blah soulless holes in the ground blah blah only fished by idiots blah blah give up fishing if I had to fish a commie blah blah pond pigs eat anything blah blah.

Just waiting for it to start

62tucker

Site Supporter
Commercials are all like that blah blah commercials only have carp in blah blah soulless holes in the ground blah blah only fished by idiots blah blah give up fishing if I had to fish a commie blah blah pond pigs eat anything blah blah.

Just waiting for it to start
And the poor carp specimen lass got grief for liking to sit behind alarms

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Was talking to a lad at the weekend who match fishes the NE Commercials. He mentioned the Oaks at Sessay, another big weight venue. Reckons some anglers are using up to 20 tins of meat. Very strong elastic in a number 3 section, with minimum 0.24 line. Hook, pull, net.
After seeing the damage excessive feeding of meat has done elsewhere, especially in Cornwall, it won't be long before these places are ruined.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Was talking to a lad at the weekend who match fishes the NE Commercials. He mentioned the Oaks at Sessay, another big weight venue. Reckons some anglers are using up to 20 tins of meat. Very strong elastic in a number 3 section, with minimum 0.24 line. Hook, pull, net.
After seeing the damage excessive feeding of meat has done elsewhere, especially in Cornwall, it won't be long before these places are ruined.
The Cunneries banned meat a few years ago due to excessive feeding of it.

Corn Master

Sounds like who organised the match should have let everyone know. Its been banned for a long time now. Was only this summer it was noticed meat was still being used 🤜

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Sounds like who organised the match should have let everyone know. Its been banned for a long time now. Was only this summer it was noticed meat was still being used 🤜
The owner never told the lad who organised the matches, This was about 3 to 4 years ago I think.

Robwooly

Angel of the North? Is that why they got that big statue up there with the arms outstretched saying "I caught this much!"

Incidently if you measure the wings/arms then it equates to exactly 20 keepnets in length ;)